Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum - View Single Post - Routine ISVs en route to Pandora
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
One of the People
Sothis likes life.

Yeah, 14.5 years if you count the 1-year orbit at Pandora. I'm currently leaning toward scenarios 2 or 3, though I guess scenario 1 *might* be feasible if significant work can be done on the ISVs during their 1-year orbit around Pandora. Kind of a stretch but... maybe. In scenario 2, the "gap" of 4.5 years bothers me a little, although I guess it's possible that they're still in the process of building more ISVs. The Venture Star was the 9th of its class, and the voyage it makes in the movie is only its 2nd round-trip.

You came back
How do you make up after you've done the unforgivable? Jake and Neytiri have a conversation in the wake of Hometree's destruction, during their first real moment alone following his return as Toruk Makto.

The Last Train Home
Fourteen years after the war, a lone spaceship appears in the sky. The former members of the Avatar program watch its approach expecting the worst, fearing for their adopted home. Then the ship lands. And suddenly, nothing makes sense anymore.

Five seconds too late
This is a different kind of Jake/Neytiri romance, the story that would've unfolded had she been delayed for just five seconds while trying to reach him following the fight with Quaritch.