Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum - View Single Post - Who will replace us?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Karyu
Clarke wants his own Avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human No More View Post
You're doing it wrong - for one assuming they share the same environment;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
...any sentient species will be able to stop another from evolving in the same area.
...Was I unclear?

Quote:
for another assuming that they hunt for reasons other than food. Outcompeting another doesn't have to be complete, and there's far less stopping, for example, sentient land-based and aquatic life.
Although it doesn't have to be complete, I suspect that even a minor difference in intelligence conveys such a big advantage that it would be complete in practice.

Quote:
Also, There. Is. No. Specific. Goal. To. Evolution. Species wouldn't become a humanoid reptilian/avian/plant given enough time just because, neither would a human eventually become an elf/energy being/human with whatever exaggerated characteristics. Evolution is a response to an environment, not a climb towards a programmed state - I thought you'd know that.
I do know what you're talking about, which is why the "goal" is a criterion instead of a "perfect creature." The best breeder will win out, until it hits the limits of its food source(s). In the case of a species that can eat nigh-anything (e.g. us) that takes a very long time.