Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum - View Single Post - Ethical Dilemma: Proceure to make a Gay person Straight
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Tsamsiyu
Theorist wants to go to all the go inbetweens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
Of course it should be legal - and coercion prosecuted.
But perhaps should the engineer who designed the procedure realize the likelihood of this procedure being forced on people, and thus not design it? In a way similar to developing the nuclear bomb to fight the Nazis, was ethical, but perhaps some people who worked on that project think they shouldn't have developed it, because of other consequences.

Also, for the sake of how I am to discuss this in my ethics class, let's say the procedure is not reversible: meaning a straight person cannot be made gay. Just for the sake of how I wish to discuss the ethics behind it.

"I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on"

It seems like everybody is moving forward. As if there is some final goal they can achieve and get to. I don't get it though. When I look around, it seems like I'm already there, and there is nothing left to do.

"You think you're so clever and classless and free, but you're still ****ing peasants as far as I can see."

I wish I could take just one hour of what I experience out in nature, wrap it in a box, put a bow on it, and start handing out to people

Nature has its own religion; gospel from the land

I know I was born and I know that I'll die; The in between is mine."