Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum - View Single Post - A Brief Evaluation Of 'Avatar.'
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human No More View Post
I've never watched Dances with Wolves, but I read the plot on Wikipedia, I can't really see the similarity other than a very vague, 'person changes sides after realising he's working with the wrong people'.

As for dialogue, I really didn't consider anything bad. Yes, Wainfleet is an idiot, but he's meant to be - he's a marine who enjoys killing people far too much, he's meant to be what is wrong with humanity.

I completely agree on themes, except for one thing:

Rather than them being boring, I dislike them because they are actually harming the cause they claim to promote.

As for the impact on film making, I agree, Avatar will completely change it. It's like when the first films were made with sound, or in colour, it's a huge leap forward.
Yeah true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neytirifanboy View Post
actually, I would say most of my response supports your point.

I would say from the dialogue that the main reason for the Hometree attack was a dirty land grab. while the attack on the Tree of souls was more a pre-emptive punitive raid.

So I think the principle motives were different, at least to Selfridge. But you may be right that Quaritch had other reasons to attack Hometree as he was obviously seemed to want to start a fight. But what Quaritch's real motives are are difficult to determine for sure.
On the surface at least. But save it for political debates I think.