Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum - View Single Post - What is it with all the Chaotic Evil villians lately?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Tsamsiyu
josie20 None of you understand

I agree, but I guess that would make it too lifelike. I have never studied a real "villain" in history whom I couldn't *partially* sympathize with after learning about the experiences and hardships they faced, which lead to them being "evil". It's easy to take an outside view of someone, like Hitler, and say, "That person is completely evil blah blah blah...". But if we are to actually learn about that person, one can understand why they became the way they did. Although, that doesn't make it excusable, but it's a good way to learn the proper way to handle situations and hardships. I actually feel sorry for Hitler in a way. Though I don't excuse him for his actions, I can understand him. Then again, I'm the type of person that wishes I could help people, like him, become more understanding and forgiving.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now. I would very much like to see more villains that aren't so obviously villainous and with whom you can sympathize. But this would present a moral dilemma to the audience, and God forbid people actually have to think rather than mindlessly stare at a screen.

As our bodies die, all the stars reply, "Now you see the lie"

"Bide your time and hold out hope"

Last edited by josie20; 08-17-2010 at 05:40 PM.