Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum - View Single Post - Ways to uplift your life and help others through the inspiration of Avatar
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Tsulfätu
Tsyal Makto glad to be home!

Great idea for a thread, Sempu. I'll tell my story, too. Since some others have done so as well.

Back in the PAD days, I determined that the root cause of my depression was existential. What I most longed for from the Na'vi was not their nature, but their lifestyle. Once I figured that out, I began to contemplate how to deal with these emotions, and take stock of my life. In all my contemplation, I realized just how short life really is, on average pretty much 80 years. I've already burned through 1/5 of my time on this planet, and I sure as hell don't want to spend a fair majority of the rest as a consumer wage slave. Life is simply too short to squander one's time on this planet doing something like that. If you've got dreams, you need to follow them, not waste that time pushing paper for 8 hours a day for 40 years. My dream? To fly, to run, to swim, to build a connection to nature, to come to full spiritual maturity, to live in the wild, and I'm gonna follow it, no ifs, ands, or buts. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Na'vi life is completely possible on Earth, even Ikran (though ours are of cloth and aluminum instead of flesh), you just need to be willing to work for it. If you want it bad enough, you can do it.

Dammit people should be free, not living through the dictates of others. Everything that the Na'vi have, we can have on Earth (many things we once did have. Yet those who run the modern world have found it necessary to take these things way from us, to make us "productive" in the eyes of the handful of greedy sociopaths that have control of this planet. Well, I've had enough - my soul called, and it wants it's life back. It's time for all of us to take back what is rightfully ours - our nature, our freedom, our lives. I don't care if I have to travel to hell and back again, I will live my dreams. Nobody dare get in my way.

I can honestly say that I have been born again through Avatar - a soul reborn in the same body. Not only has my inner, care-free child broken through the bull**** that encases the modern world, but also my inner existentialist, who wants to carve his own path in life, not simply follow the one the world has laid out for me. It has awakened my inner dreamer, who dares to dream in ways that push the limits of reality. It has awakened my inner shaman, who seeks to find spiritual maturity and connection to the life energy of the world. It has awaken my inner anarchist, who seeks to be free from the oppressive institutions that control the world. Most importantly, it has awakened my inner warrior, which gives me the strength to act on these emotions. All of these parts of me that I never knew existed, or were horribly supressed by society are bursting forth, and it is only something I can describe as rebirth. I'm a na'vi in a human Avatar.

The things that Avatar has made me see don't always make me happy, there's a lot of ass-backwardry afoot on this planet - war, corruption, greed, pollution, the list goes on and on - that have become much more personal post-Avatar. However, the fact that it has helped me cut through all the bull****, and See the world from the outside in - and all of it's ills - always put's a smile on my face. Avatar has helped me reach a level of enlightenment in 9 months, that some people take years to reach, and this spiritual journey keeps advancing with each passing day. I wouldn't trade the enlightenment Avatar gave me for all the riches of the world. I'll die before I give it up.

Damn it feels good to have passion in your heart. W00T!!

Anyway, being a bit more specific to the title, some good ways to uplift oneself, and help uplift others would probably be:
- Meditation, to help reconnect with the heart and soul.
- Read inspiring literature and watch other inspiring movies - Into the Wild is one of my favorites for both.
- Get out into the natural world, and learn it's rythms.
- Know your dreams, and stand by them. This is one of your best defenses, and sources of inspiration. The world preys on people that don't have something worth fighting for.
- Remember that all ways of life are equally legitimate and admirable, from being a powerful politician to a humble tribesman or survivalist living off the land, and everything in between. The only wrong way to live is to not live by one's dreams.

The Dreamer's Manifesto

Mike Malloy, a voice of reason in a world gone mad.

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Tyler Durden

Last edited by Tsyal Makto; 09-26-2010 at 07:52 PM.