Offensive/Offendable - Page 2 - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » Debate

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Moco Loco's Avatar
Dandy Lion
Moco Loco is a lion in a low place
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,911
Send a message via Skype™ to Moco Loco
Default

Man as much as I used to like to complain about people around here being easily offended, it's kind of boring these days.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 PM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

I guess I haven't been my normal self.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Fast mover
Raptor has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Quantico, VA
Posts: 401
Default

We'll get more activity once the sequels are released. Who knows, they may even bring in more Quaritch fans.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Crickett's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Crickett has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
We'll get more activity once the sequels are released. Who knows, they may even bring in more Quaritch fans.
There are Quaritch fans?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 AM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
There are Quaritch fans?
I'm a dedicated Parker Selfridge fan. Love the guy.
As for Quaritch? Well he's alright.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Raptor's Avatar
Fast mover
Raptor has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Quantico, VA
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
There are Quaritch fans?
I remember back on AF that there were some legitimate fans of Quaritch. Some were your garden variety trolls, but some others appeared to be serious enough that they ventured into Poe's Law territory.

Then again, if someone like Jim Inhofe can be a US Senator, I suppose we should never underestimate humanity's capacity for sheer stupidity.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Fighter-of-Wars's Avatar
Adventurer
Fighter-of-Wars is alive and well
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 944
Default

Quaritch fans I can understand, pretty badass dude. But why are there so many Neytiri fans? I just don't get it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Clarke's Avatar
Karyu
Clarke wants his own Avatar.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Scotland, 140 years too early
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
There are Quaritch fans?
Quaritch is more badass than Jake.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Raptor's Avatar
Fast mover
Raptor has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Quantico, VA
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
Quaritch is more badass than Jake.
Jake certainly did get away with doing a lot of stupid sh*t.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Avatar Driver
utraltirea'ite has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Africa
Posts: 20
Default

The simple truth is that jokes don't work well on the Internet because they depend too heavily on (i) where you are; (ii) who you are with; (iii) the body language of the joke teller, (iv) nuance. Too frequently someone takes offense where none is intended for the simple reason that they are just reading words. They can't see the expression on the other person's face, or hear the tone of their voice. So jokes are best left off the 'net.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-24-2014, 07:52 PM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

If you've ever laughed at a joke that could be offensive to anyone, you cannot ever tell someone they can't joke about a certain subject. Either it's all okay or none of it's okay. You can't pick and choose. You can't laugh at one joke and then tell someone they can't tell another joke because it hits close to home for you.
People give reasons and reasons as to why you can't say something but it always goes down to "I don't like it so you can't say it"
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Crickett's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Crickett has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_jones View Post
If you've ever laughed at a joke that could be offensive to anyone, you cannot ever tell someone they can't joke about a certain subject. Either it's all okay or none of it's okay. You can't pick and choose. You can't laugh at one joke and then tell someone they can't tell another joke because it hits close to home for you.
People give reasons and reasons as to why you can't say something but it always goes down to "I don't like it so you can't say it"

Sorry, but I disagree with the sentiment. As with everything, there is a line that can be crossed. There are lots of arguments about where that line is, where it should be, but if you're far enough past that line, it becomes very blatantly not okay.


I use super-generic terms there because that I just said can be said about almost anything, not just humor. As essentially all liquor ads are required to say: 'everything in moderation'.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 AM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with the sentiment. As with everything, there is a line that can be crossed. There are lots of arguments about where that line is, where it should be, but if you're far enough past that line, it becomes very blatantly not okay.


I use super-generic terms there because that I just said can be said about almost anything, not just humor. As essentially all liquor ads are required to say: 'everything in moderation'.
But where is the line? Hint: It's different for everyone. Everyone is offended by something. Either it's all okay or none of it is.
However my problem isn't with people being offended, it's with people who tell you you can't say something because it personally offends them.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 AM
X.,.Pandora.,.X's Avatar
Tsulfätu
X.,.Pandora.,.X Is finally home
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,580
Default

Can't we all just get along? :p
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-25-2014, 05:57 AM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

This is a great video. Really great.






Possible curse words.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.