James Cameron opens vegan elementary school - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » Environmentalism

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Tsamsiyu
Wind12 has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 538
Default James Cameron opens vegan elementary school

I Really do admire JC. for being true to his word, thought this was nice

James Cameron to Launch Nation's First Vegan Elementary School - Hollywood Reporter

I hope this goes well

p.s. I apologize if this is not the best section for this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2015, 09:46 PM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

I think that's awesome.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2015, 10:59 PM
R-D-A's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
R-D-A has space fleets at the ready
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Heraklion, Hellenic Republic
Posts: 329
Default

I have respect for vegans but Humans are omnivorous. One needs protein just as much as fiber. Personally I fear I enjoy the taste of meat too much to let it go but I think being a vegan comes down to principle beyond all else.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2015, 03:13 AM
ahoragi's Avatar
Taronyu
ahoragi Hunter in training
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-D-A View Post
I have respect for vegans but Humans are omnivorous. One needs protein just as much as fiber. Personally I fear I enjoy the taste of meat too much to let it go but I think being a vegan comes down to principle beyond all else.
I always thought this way until I tried a vegan diet. I found that my body responds and recovers better and faster on a vegan diet with moderate-severe weight lifting. The recovery time was quicker and I noticed increased strength and size alot quicker than my normal protein-rich workout diet. This was also while I was 35 years old, not in my 20's like in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2015, 10:40 AM
R-D-A's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
R-D-A has space fleets at the ready
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Heraklion, Hellenic Republic
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoragi View Post
I always thought this way until I tried a vegan diet. I found that my body responds and recovers better and faster on a vegan diet with moderate-severe weight lifting. The recovery time was quicker and I noticed increased strength and size alot quicker than my normal protein-rich workout diet. This was also while I was 35 years old, not in my 20's like in the past.
I've tried a vegetarian diet. My mother is one. Not for me. How well a diet works also depends on each body type and metabolism. I actually lose weight rapidly through a protein diet. Much faster than with any other sort of diet. And considering I got lots of extra kilograms which I lost quite quickly, let me tell you that after trying many diets, only the protein one worked for me. But going back to basics, I enjoy meat waaay to much to let it go.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2015, 02:01 PM
ahoragi's Avatar
Taronyu
ahoragi Hunter in training
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-D-A View Post
I've tried a vegetarian diet. My mother is one. Not for me. How well a diet works also depends on each body type and metabolism. I actually lose weight rapidly through a protein diet. Much faster than with any other sort of diet. And considering I got lots of extra kilograms which I lost quite quickly, let me tell you that after trying many diets, only the protein one worked for me. But going back to basics, I enjoy meat waaay to much to let it go.
Oh me too, I love MEAT, but can do without. The only "meat" that I eat is organic grass fed beef but mostly just eggs, eggs, and more eggs (organic grass-fed). My metabolism is insanely high that I lose weight if i do not eat every three hours. I trained my body when I graduated high school to suit a 6 meal a day routine (that's when I lifted HEAVY) and it gets hungry every two to three hours even 15 years later!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 AM
moonbeam's Avatar
Taronyu
moonbeam Science and Magic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Universe
Posts: 385
Default

Awesome. Almost makes me wish that I was a little kid again so I can go there.
__________________
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives but I rather believe that time is a companion that goes with us on a journey and reminds us to cherish every moment... because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived." - Captain Picard



Click the dragon to give it love!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2015, 06:06 AM
Tsamsiyu
Wind12 has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 538
Default

I too don't know if I could give up meat, but I admire the ones who can.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2015, 07:00 AM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

I simply cannot stand the "WHAT ABOUT PROTEIN" argument when someone is questioning veganism.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2015, 12:57 PM
R-D-A's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
R-D-A has space fleets at the ready
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Heraklion, Hellenic Republic
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoragi View Post
Oh me too, I love MEAT, but can do without. The only "meat" that I eat is organic grass fed beef but mostly just eggs, eggs, and more eggs (organic grass-fed). My metabolism is insanely high that I lose weight if i do not eat every three hours. I trained my body when I graduated high school to suit a 6 meal a day routine (that's when I lifted HEAVY) and it gets hungry every two to three hours even 15 years later!
That sounds rather exhausting, hehe. Personally I eat as much meat as I eat everything else.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Moco Loco's Avatar
Dandy Lion
Moco Loco is a lion in a low place
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,911
Send a message via Skype™ to Moco Loco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_jones View Post
I simply cannot stand the "WHAT ABOUT PROTEIN" argument when someone is questioning veganism.
Agreed.

I like just like food, vegan food included. I don't know if I could be vegan for any significant amount of time, but I think I could. I half assed it before and had to quit because I was living with my parents and they didn't feel like buying specific stuff.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2015, 10:04 PM
CyanRachel's Avatar
Ikran Makto
CyanRachel is proud to be one of the People
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind12 View Post
I too don't know if I could give up meat, but I admire the ones who can.
^This.
__________________



Your love shines the way into paradise.

Seen Avatar 25 times (Viewings: IMAX=2, Regular 3D=6, DVD/Blu-ray=17)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2015, 11:17 PM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones hasn't received an infraction since 2011
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanRachel View Post
^This.
It's actually very easy if you commit to it. There are some recipes for some vegan **** that is so delicious it's better than all the bacon in the world.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.