Say No to the Dakota Access Pipeline - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » Environmentalism

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2016, 03:19 AM
Ja'k Dawsiin's Avatar
Taronyu
Ja'k Dawsiin Neytiri's Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Hometree
Posts: 467
Default Say No to the Dakota Access Pipeline

it's odd that we haven't posted this topic sooner. it is the largest environmental protest movement in many years, and over 6 months now, with no end in sight. Pres. Obama finally made a decision, and halted the progress of this portion of the pipeline, but the other 1,171 miles of the 1,172 mile long pipeline is already complete. the conflict is over this remaining one mile, which Energy Transfer Partners ETP, wants to tunnel under the reservoir and run the (leaky)pipes under the water, which is the main water source for the Lakota Standing Rock Tribe reservation. i cannot believe it was approved with Native American consent, as the republican governor of North Dakota claims. the Native Americans say otherwise, and i believe them without a doubt. money corrupts absolutely.

i stand with Standing Rock. what say you, ToS? where is JC on this indigenous rights issue?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-2016, 03:17 AM
Na'vi a Kepekmė's Avatar
One of the People
Na'vi a Kepekmė is a proud LNer and ToSer and...spammer.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: About 8 light-minutes from the Sun
Posts: 223
Default

We need to respect any kind of community, native or not, when making project. But what would help more is to shrink our demand in oil. It isn't an easy job.
__________________
CLIC aquí para ganar pantalones de color spam durante un juego de Scrabble con Juan Desayuna
just kidding

Vawmataw
Learn Na'vi member
Founder/Editor of Fmawn ta 'Rrta
Buffoon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Hapxėtu
allroock123 has no status.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 157
Default

There have been many layers of news impacting the water protectors goals
we all know the battering and media blackouts the water protectors have gone through the strutures of which hold very strong reverse refection's To scenes played out in James Cameron's Avatar,, the conflicts with the security forces ,, (some of which made the choose to turn in there badges over the ethics abuses they refused to take part in) . then News and short lived celebration that the pipelines river crossing permit would not be granted until a proper review that included hearing the Standing Rock leaders voices took place ,, during this time a large group of unarmed American war Veterans pledged there heartfelt support to protect the standing rock camp community , they are still there "today" (12/18/16) then news that the pipeline company "intension" regardless of the river crossing revocation to continue across the river anyway ,, as the plains weather turned to severe cold and blizzard like conditions (I have friends there that likened it to living in the edge of the artic circle as they bunkered down in shelters to protect from exposure to the severe cold with the wind chill often exceeding - 50 deg's the core worry is with trump coming into office that he will reverse the order against the current administrations viewpoints .. it is important for forum members to look at the deep roots of whats going on here as well as treatys involved that define agreements with the Dakota nation , right now the big push is for legal defense funding and protection of the legal rights of water protectors held on charges ,, as well as the politized struggle between two nations with diffrent "Ethos" values ,, much like the RDA and the Na'vi the underlying system strutures have been a source of conflict going back well over 6 generations of ancestral wounding ,, cultural reconciliation can not occur unless peoples can come to "see" each other.. and be aware over 50 native nations are represented in the standing rock community as well with many others offering daily prayers for there strength and well being .. of course breaking our dependency on oil and its profit over ethics driven infrastructures is the ultimate challenge

Last edited by allroock123; 12-18-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-19-2016, 04:20 AM
Ja'k Dawsiin's Avatar
Taronyu
Ja'k Dawsiin Neytiri's Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Hometree
Posts: 467
Default

the private security force (secops) hired by Energy Transfer Partners, the corporation who has built the finished 1,171 miles of pipeline of the 1,172 mile total, is allegedly composed of many former thugs from the now defunct merc-for-hire Blackwater outfit, which is called Xe today and relatively small. i believe this story is true after watching videos of paramilitary thugs spraying freezing water from cannons, onto Standing Rock protestors, activists, and Native Americans, in 26 degree F weather conditions. this is despicable, unconscionable, and totally against the protected First Amendment principles on which this country was founded.

why do i feel like i woke up in the 1950s Soviet Union today??? where is JC on this hugely important issue of indigenous rights, water protection, standing up against the corportocracy?

i stand with Standing Rock. thanks to everyone carrying on the NODAPL fight!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-01-2017, 09:01 PM
CyanRachel's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
CyanRachel is proud to be one of the People
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja'k Dawsiin View Post
it's odd that we haven't posted this topic sooner. it is the largest environmental protest movement in many years, and over 6 months now, with no end in sight. Pres. Obama finally made a decision, and halted the progress of this portion of the pipeline, but the other 1,171 miles of the 1,172 mile long pipeline is already complete. the conflict is over this remaining one mile, which Energy Transfer Partners ETP, wants to tunnel under the reservoir and run the (leaky)pipes under the water, which is the main water source for the Lakota Standing Rock Tribe reservation. i cannot believe it was approved with Native American consent, as the republican governor of North Dakota claims. the Native Americans say otherwise, and i believe them without a doubt. money corrupts absolutely.

i stand with Standing Rock. what say you, ToS? where is JC on this indigenous rights issue?
^This.
I too stand with Standing Rock.
__________________



Your love shines the way into paradise.

Seen Avatar 25 times (Viewings: IMAX=2, Regular 3D=6, DVD/Blu-ray=17)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja'k Dawsiin View Post
the private security force (secops) hired by Energy Transfer Partners, the corporation who has built the finished 1,171 miles of pipeline of the 1,172 mile total, is allegedly composed of many former thugs from the now defunct merc-for-hire Blackwater outfit, which is called Xe today and relatively small. i believe this story is true after watching videos of paramilitary thugs spraying freezing water from cannons, onto Standing Rock protestors, activists, and Native Americans, in 26 degree F weather conditions. this is despicable, unconscionable, and totally against the protected First Amendment principles on which this country was founded.

why do i feel like i woke up in the 1950s Soviet Union today??? where is JC on this hugely important issue of indigenous rights, water protection, standing up against the corportocracy?

i stand with Standing Rock. thanks to everyone carrying on the NODAPL fight!!!
Also, Blackwater became Xe and is now Academi. They change names every once in a while as their past catches up with them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 AM
Ja'k Dawsiin's Avatar
Taronyu
Ja'k Dawsiin Neytiri's Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Hometree
Posts: 467
Default

trump has now issued executive orders to reinstate the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, a sad day for environmentalism and the Natural World. is there no end to the avarice and greed of mankind? what good is money if you have no clean drinkable water?! water is life. never forget that.

let me say it again. water is life.


i stand with Standing Rock.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2017, 10:58 AM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja'k Dawsiin View Post
trump has now issued executive orders to reinstate the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, a sad day for environmentalism and the Natural World.
This is the first I've heard of this Executive Order. There's definitely something fishy going on in the media...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2017, 05:55 AM
Empty Glass's Avatar
Karyu
Empty Glass has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight Unseen View Post
This is the first I've heard of this Executive Order. There's definitely something fishy going on in the media...
Maybe this one just got drowned in the deluge of other executive orders? I'm finding it hard to stay focused on all of them...and maybe that's the point.

Shoot - I often look at what shows up on Google News; I just now noticed they've added a whole section of the page (the US one anyway) specifically devoted to covering the executive orders.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2017, 01:59 AM
Ja'k Dawsiin's Avatar
Taronyu
Ja'k Dawsiin Neytiri's Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Hometree
Posts: 467
Default

President Biff Tannen ordered the Army Corps of Engineers to speed up/expedite the environmental impact study on allowing the pipeline to go below the water reservoir. basically the fake-pres wants to push his 'alternative facts' agenda through and make a bunch of greenbacks for him and his rich business friends, the environment and indigenous rights be damned. this dakota access thing is gonna get messy crazy, maybe the fake-pres will get impeached over it. in the last 30 days, there have two oil spills in the area of the pipeline, a 3,000 gallon spill about 50 miles away from the protest area, another spill of 50,000 gallons up in Canada, on the other side of North Dakota, and a North Dakota spill from 3 years ago, is still NOT cleaned up yet. this whole debacle is just another major disaster waiting to happen, like the BP mess in the Gulf of Mexico. smh
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:38 AM
Crickett's Avatar
Taronyu
Crickett has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja'k Dawsiin View Post
President Biff Tannen
Holy **** I'm going to call him that for the next four years. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Glass View Post
Maybe this one just got drowned in the deluge of other executive orders? I'm finding it hard to stay focused on all of them...and maybe that's the point.

Shoot - I often look at what shows up on Google News; I just now noticed they've added a whole section of the page (the US one anyway) specifically devoted to covering the executive orders.
I found this. Apparently there are 19 so far and some of them are just strongly worded letters and not actually EOs.

Anyway, sorry for the offtopic. Help! The politics are leaking!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:02 AM
Hapxėtu
allroock123 has no status.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 157
Default

I do know that there are large efforts underway involving a large presence of un-armed Military Veterans with the recent news as of 2/7/2017 that the pipe line Crossing is being Approved by the Army core of engineers I foresee a long legal battle between the standing rock nation and the current the Trump administration involving root
constructional injustices on many levels.. The clan mothers of the standing rock nation leadership circle make one thing clear ,, they do not want see a conflict where people are hurt .. but honestly the ethos battle plays a big a role in this and you can see examples this struggle Globally between Native peoples and Big energy developers ,, like the examples in the Documentary The nature of things the "real" Avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRaubRA2sH8

But perhaps some shared words from Native American elder, Saginaw Grant better explain "feelings" involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc2xDYuzWDw

Irayo all

Last edited by allroock123; 02-08-2017 at 03:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2017, 04:51 AM
Ja'k Dawsiin's Avatar
Taronyu
Ja'k Dawsiin Neytiri's Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Hometree
Posts: 467
Default

this is undoubtedly the biggest indigenous rights issue in many years, so i continue to wonder where JC is on this? it isn't just Dakota Access Pipeline anymore, because fake-pres biff donald tannen just reopened the long defeated Keystone XL pipeline case also, and is giving executive orders to resume that nightmare too. i don't understand why more people aren't protesting these two pipelines, which have over 5,000 miles of leaky pipes between the two projects. all that water getting filled with pollutants is the stuff of horror nightmares.

water is life. i stand with Standing Rock.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja'k Dawsiin View Post
it isn't just Dakota Access Pipeline anymore, because fake-pres biff donald tannen just reopened the long defeated Keystone XL pipeline case also, and is giving executive orders to resume that nightmare too.
Keystone XL is back? I thought we already won that battle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.