Finished my first viewing at home - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
TheIknimaya's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
TheIknimaya has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada. Pandora someday...
Posts: 715
Default Finished my first viewing of Avatar at home

Hello friends.

I have just finished watching Avatar at home, for the first time. Let me start off by saying that the quality of the Blu Ray is impeccable. Absolutely incredible, the detail you can see on everything is amazing. The colors are so much more vibrant than in the theaters. Just wow. Bear in mind, my HDTV is only 720p and I was blown away. Also, if you are able to make use of the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround Sound you will be blown away. Just amazing.The lossless audio on the Blu Ray is unbelievable.

Before the movie even started I was crying, I was just so happy to be watching Avatar again, at home. I was entranced throughout the entire movie, I didn't pause it, never walked away, didn't even turn my head away for the entire movie. I was mesmerized, not only because it is Avatar, but also because the quality of the Blu Ray is beyond words. You have to see it to believe me.

There were many scenes where I cranked up my system to ear-splitting levels of volume, it was just incredible. My room was literally shaking, the floor was vibrating because of my subwoofer and the walls were shaking. Some of the scenes where I cranked it up were when Jake, Tsu'tey and the others were climbing up The Iknimaya, when Jake flies his Ikran for the first time, when Jake is making his epic speech, the scene where they fly over the water with the Ikran clan, that was epic, just wow.

As for crying during the movie, well a lot of the time I was in tears just because of how happy I was to be able to experience Avatar once again. I turned on the waterworks when Jake and Neytiri mate. That scene is beautiful. Also when Jake is unconscious after coming out of the link and Neytiri places the mask on him and he returns to her. That scene gets me every time.

At the end where they are transferring Jake into his Avatar body, the music here is a mix of Climbing up Iknimaya and others, here I cranked up my system and as AVATAR comes on the screen I feel happy and sad.

All in all, it was absolutely incredible and was quite the experience. I am sure all of you will enjoy it as much as I did. Don't say Avatar isn't the same at home, it IS the same, if not better since it is a more personal experience.
__________________

Last edited by TheIknimaya; 04-22-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned
Cyan Reply, i don't bite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,408
Default

Lucky swine, i would die to get some early sampolz, sunday cannot wait, being given to it by stephan lang with his autograph on will be something
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Eltu's Avatar
Administrator
Eltu is home.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 2,420
Default

Man, I don't even have a TV...

Oh well... sounds like a great experience, TheIknimaya!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Helicoradian's Avatar
Nawmtu
Helicoradian nope...no status
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,220
Default

Yes! the image and sound quality is out of this world. On a 1080p screen I found details that you never could see in the theaters. In fact the quality is good enough to make up for not being in 3D IMO, so definitely not disappointed

Quote:
There were many scenes where I cranked up my system to ear-splitting levels of volume, it was just incredible. My room was literally shaking, the floor was vibrating because of my subwoofer and the walls were shaking. Some of the scenes where I cranked it up were when Jake, Tsu'tey and the others were climbing up The Iknimaya, when Jake flies his Ikran for the first time, when Jake is making his epic speech, the scene where they fly over the water with the Ikran clan, that was epic, just wow.
^ Same here, you really need a home theater or a good set of headphones to complete the experience. When Jake flies his Ikran for the first time and the destruction of home tree the sound and music is truly epic.

I thought that seeing it at home would be a bit disappointing compared to watching it on the big screen. But it's almost dead even as the experience goes IMO. Like TheIknimaya said, it's a more personal experience and when Jake opens his eyes at the end it still carries all of the emotion
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Earthlover18's Avatar
One of the People
Earthlover18 is looking for my Neytiri
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 215
Default

I am so glad that you said all this and you have a 720p resolution tv. That's what I got. The movie is lying on my bed right now, I am going to watch it after dinner. Can't wait!!!
__________________


"Just as I have come from infinity, so I return to infinity,

between which events, for a little time, I came to celebrate that miracle which I could never fathom."

-Mary Jean Irion


"Why bother with reality when there's imagination?"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Rabbit's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
Rabbit misses Pandora
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 254
Default

Is there any extra scenes??
__________________
Tane-Mahuta (God of The Forest)

Namaste -- "the Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you."

"Kia Hora te Marino Kia Whakapapa Pounamu te Moana Kia tere te Karohirori I Mua to Huarahi

May the calm be widespread May the sea glisten like that of greenstone May the shimmering light guide you on your journey"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Woodsprite's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
Woodsprite is very busy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,165
Default

Wow!

So... when do we get some screencaps?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
TheIknimaya's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
TheIknimaya has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada. Pandora someday...
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoradian View Post
Yes! the image and sound quality is out of this world. On a 1080p screen I found details that you never could see in the theaters. In fact the quality is good enough to make up for not being in 3D IMO, so definitely not disappointed

^ Same here, you really need a home theater or a good set of headphones to complete the experience. When Jake flies his Ikran for the first time and the destruction of home tree the sound and music is truly epic.

I thought that seeing it at home would be a bit disappointing compared to watching it on the big screen. But it's almost dead even as the experience goes IMO. Like TheIknimaya said, it's a more personal experience and when Jake opens his eyes at the end it still carries all of the emotion
Definitely. The details I could make out were amazing. I don't care about the 3D, 3D doesn't make Avatar a good movie. Nope. Avatar is still Avatar at home and without 3D. Maybe even better.

Having a good setup is key here. The audio blew me away because it was so crystal clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthlover18 View Post
I am so glad that you said all this and you have a 720p resolution tv. That's what I got. The movie is lying on my bed right now, I am going to watch it after dinner. Can't wait!!!
You will love it. Absolutely incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Is there any extra scenes??
No extra scenes. But we already knew this. All there is "Play Movie", "Setup" and "Search" which is scene selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsprite View Post
Wow!

So... when do we get some screencaps?
I will try to get screencaps once I buy Avatar in HD on the iTunes store. It's on the iTunes store now but not in HD.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Woodsprite's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
Woodsprite is very busy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
I will try to get screencaps once I buy Avatar in HD on the iTunes store. It's on the iTunes store now but not in HD.
You mean... you can't just pop the blu-ray disc in your computer and start taking screencaps?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
TheIknimaya's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
TheIknimaya has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada. Pandora someday...
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsprite View Post
You mean... you can't just pop the blu-ray disc in your computer and start taking screencaps?
No because my computer doesn't have a blu-ray disc player. I have a Mac and Mac's don't have BD players. You can install one into the Mac Pro I think but I don't have one of those.

So I have to get it off the iTunes store if I want it in HD on my computer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 AM
rapunzel77's Avatar
Ikran Makto
rapunzel77 has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 881
Send a message via ICQ to rapunzel77
Default

My brother bought it today so we watched it again. It looks great and the sound quality is wonderful, especially in surround sound. I agree that it looks wonderful in 2D just as much as in 3D. Its still Avatar. In fact, it looks even prettier due to the brighter color .
__________________
You wont walk alone
I'll be by your side
There will be no empty home
if you will be my bride
the rest of my life will be
Song for Rapunzel and me.


I see you

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Helicoradian's Avatar
Nawmtu
Helicoradian nope...no status
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel77 View Post
In fact, it looks even prettier due to the brighter color .
Yes, the color does seem more vivid compared to the theater release. Gotta say that the quality is superb in every category
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Taronyu
tallbluewanderer has disappeared into the night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A blue world…
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
I have just finished watching Avatar at home, for the first time. Let me start off by saying that the quality of the Blu Ray is impeccable. Absolutely incredible, the detail you can see on everything is amazing. The colors are so much more vibrant than in the theaters. Just wow. Bear in mind, my HDTV is only 720p and I was blown away. Also, if you are able to make use of the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround Sound you will be blown away. Just amazing.The lossless audio on the Blu Ray is unbelievable.
Awesome! I don't have a home theatre (or a Blu-Ray drive for my MacBook), so I'm waiting for Apple to release the HD version on iTunes. I don't have surround sound, but my speaker system is pretty decent, and I do have a reasonably-sized screen connected to my computer. I just hope that the 720p iTunes version has quality on par with what you've experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
Before the movie even started I was crying, I was just so happy to be watching Avatar again, at home. I was entranced throughout the entire movie, I didn't pause it, never walked away, didn't even turn my head away for the entire movie. I was mesmerized, not only because it is Avatar, but also because the quality of the Blu Ray is beyond words. You have to see it to believe me.
I felt exactly like this when I watched Avatar my second time (I've seen it twice) -- I was crying from the very beginning of the movie. Looking forward to seeing it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
There were many scenes where I cranked up my system to ear-splitting levels of volume, it was just incredible. My room was literally shaking, the floor was vibrating because of my subwoofer and the walls were shaking.
I've noticed myself doing this with the soundtrack -- I'm not at all surprised to hear you've done the same with the real McCoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
As for crying during the movie, well a lot of the time I was in tears just because of how happy I was to be able to experience Avatar once again.
Quoted for truth ... in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
At the end where they are transferring Jake into his Avatar body, the music here is a mix of Climbing up Iknimaya and others, here I cranked up my system and as AVATAR comes on the screen I feel happy and sad.
The closing scene is absolutely brilliant, and just thinking about it is sending thrills down my back. I have to say, though, that it's by far the saddest scene in the movie -- the scene when Jake comes on screen and starts recording his last videolog is truly horrible, because you know the movie is about to finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIknimaya View Post
All in all, it was absolutely incredible and was quite the experience. I am sure all of you will enjoy it as much as I did. Don't say Avatar isn't the same at home, it IS the same, if not better since it is a more personal experience.
Great to hear you enjoyed it!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Txum_kali'weya's Avatar
Stupid Sky Person...
Txum_kali'weya is a stupid sky person...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Terra, NA, US, AK, Fairbanks.
Posts: 837
Default

I need a hd tv.
NOW.
And bd drive.
__________________
"Sky People do not See, they do not learn" - Neytiri

[Today 11:06 PM] tallbluewanderer: logic must give way to AVATAR

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2010, 06:21 AM
TheIknimaya's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
TheIknimaya has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada. Pandora someday...
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txum_kali'weya View Post
I need a hd tv.
NOW.
And bd drive.
Avatar will still be the same on regular DVD I'm sure. An HDTV & Blu Ray player only makes it that much "better" if you will. Not better in the sense that the experience is better, but the quality of the movie and the audio is obviously better on blu-ray.

In fact, I might watch it on DVD, just to see how good the quality is, because the DVD is also pure movie like the blu-ray disc. So I imagine that Avatar on DVD will look much better than other DVDs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.