Blu Ray Fail? - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned
Cyan Reply, i don't bite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,408
Default Blu Ray Fail?

Hmm, on the chapters for the bluray/dvd menu, one of them is titled Toruk Macto, I'm pretty sure that is the incorrect spelling, loook it up
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Sovereign's Avatar
Sig-Making Guy
Sovereign is no longer in Washington, D.C.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 335
Send a message via AIM to Sovereign
Default

There's also artifacting on the Toruk's wings where Jake and Neytiri hop on to go rally the other clans (white "sparkle" at the ends of the wings). I've seen that in 3D IMAX, 2D theater and the DVD.
__________________

(Click image to give me Tsahaylu! -- Tsahaylu Count: 127)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Vauktu's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Vauktu has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
There's also artifacting on the Toruk's wings where Jake and Neytiri hop on to go rally the other clans (white "sparkle" at the ends of the wings). I've seen that in 3D IMAX, 2D theater and the DVD.
I noticed that too and I do not think it's a "blu-ray fail" or anything of the sort.

Near the tip of Toruk's wing's there are dozens of small holes which make the wings somewhat transparent. Could it be the light going through these holes which you are mistaking for "artifacting"?

Toruk:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9474/artifacting.png
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8...tifacting2.png

This is apparent on Irkans as well:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1108/artifacting3.png
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3...tifacting4.png
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Txum_kali'weya's Avatar
Stupid Sky Person...
Txum_kali'weya is a stupid sky person...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Terra, NA, US, AK, Fairbanks.
Posts: 837
Default

blu-ray fail.
__________________
"Sky People do not See, they do not learn" - Neytiri

[Today 11:06 PM] tallbluewanderer: logic must give way to AVATAR

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Helicoradian's Avatar
Nawmtu
Helicoradian nope...no status
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauktu View Post
I noticed that too and I do not think it's a "blu-ray fail" or anything of the sort.

Near the tip of Toruk's wing's there are dozens of small holes which make the wings somewhat transparent. Could it be the light going through these holes which you are mistaking for "artifacting"?

Toruk:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9474/artifacting.png
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8...tifacting2.png

This is apparent on Irkans as well:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1108/artifacting3.png
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3...tifacting4.png

I just noticed this and it does seem to be light reflecting from the translucent membrane on the tips of the wing.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Stanley_9875's Avatar
Tsahik
Stanley_9875 you crept up on me like a shadow in the night
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 2,379
Send a message via Skype™ to Stanley_9875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoradian View Post
I just noticed this and it does seem to be light reflecting from the translucent membrane on the tips of the wing.
I was thinking that as well, I'm guessing the moon since it's white... *facepalm* i meant the sparkles are white and since the moon is white... wait I need to map this out...

White moon + translucent membrane = white sparkles

Cool I got it

But seriously yea I think its the moon reflecting off of their wings, I don't think Cameron would've let a mistake that big go easily...
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Thorinair's Avatar
Administrator
Thorinair is in a Bioluminescent night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pandora
Posts: 402
Default

It could be bioluminescence as well...
__________________

Na'vi Google


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

The Toruk's wings are meant to be like that if you're talking about what I think. It's the bits at the end of the wings that can move, they let some light through.

Toruk Macto is spelt wrongly though
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.