Post Avatar Elation... for a change - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,374
Default Post Avatar Elation... for a change

It's hard to really describe how I felt, and I'm not that good with words anyway.

Usually, anything Avatar gets me intensely depressed about everything else, but this time, it was different.

It was 3AM, and I had been up all night playing Mass Effect on my PC (which got a corrupt bios this morning :/ ) I was half awake and half dead from the combination of three cups of black instant coffee I had hastily brewed and lack of sleep. I forced myself away from the computer, and into bed, and I couldn't sleep because of my aforementioned enough-to-kill-a-small-animal caffeine intake. So I popped in my headphones, and started listening to my relaxation playlist, which happened to include the Avatar Soundtrack.

I was sort of in between sleep and awake, just conscious enough to want to go to sleep. Then "Becoming One of the People" started playing. I don't know how or why, but for a split second, I felt like I was there. Didn't care about anything, or have anything to care about, simply running and jumping through the trees, for no reason other than to be alive. It felt like someone took a massive weight off my chest. It was sort of like falling without the movement. For the first time since I can remember, I smiled, without thinking about it. Just for an instant, I felt truly alive, like I'm not the human element in this massive and pointless machine of society, but free, free to just Be.

And then it was gone.

I guess it is for this reason I want to be a Na'vi. I could live, alive.

Last edited by Sight Unseen; 07-23-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Impressionist's Avatar
Taronyu
Impressionist is dead to the world
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight Unseen View Post
Then "Becoming One of the People" started playing. I don't know how or why, but for a split second, I felt like I was there. Didn't care about anything, or have anything to care about, simply running and jumping through the trees, for no reason other than to be alive. It felt like someone took a massive weight off my chest.
This is what the Avatar OST makes me feel like.

This is a feeling I can't describe.

Anyway, it kinda makes makes me feel like I were on Pandora. Or just on Earth, but in some beautiful place not touched by human's hand yet. I feel FREE

(I think we need a "dreamer's face" smilie. I would definetly use it here )
__________________

Last edited by Impressionist; 07-23-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Loverofnature's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Loverofnature has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Body: Denmark Spirit: Pandora
Posts: 712
Send a message via MSN to Loverofnature Send a message via Skype™ to Loverofnature
Default

Omg this is something i'd glady try, just for that fraction, must have felt amazing oh and btw, that Bios fail, it's a sign from Eywa telling you to get of the PC
__________________




"Free your Mind" - Morpheus
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Sounds amazing

Don't listen to the skxawng above, you know we'd miss you
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Taronyu
tallbluewanderer has disappeared into the night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A blue world…
Posts: 391
Default

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

(And yes, we need a "dreamer's face" smiley.)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:36 AM
tm20's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
tm20 has no status.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,751
Default

thats good to know when i first downloaded the Avatar soundtrack i did the same thing, i would listen to it while in bed to try and help me get to sleep. I would close my eyes and try to picture the bioluminescent forest. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't but i always made me feel relaxed.
__________________
There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Hunter of the Glade's Avatar
Nawmtu
Hunter of the Glade still carries the message on.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Flux
Posts: 1,180
Default

This is great, glad you shared this. I've had feelings just like this before, laying in a hamoc as the sun goes down listening to the Avatar Score. Just that wonderful brief feeling of being on Pandora is great. Ironically it makes waking back up to this world even tougher. Hence "Out there is the true world, and in here is the dream."
__________________
"Pandora is right in your backyard. You just have to find it."

"Becoming a Na'vi" - Avatar Short Film

"I'd rather live in her world, than be without her in mine."

"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:09 AM
ISV Venture Star's Avatar
Nawmtu
ISV Venture Star has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,110
Send a message via Skype™ to ISV Venture Star
Default

I had some 'listening to the complete soundtrack' elation yesterday. Wish I'd found out about all the unreleased music earlier
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Empty Glass's Avatar
Karyu
Empty Glass has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,440
Default

Aw yeah, ain't the extended soundtrack just great? (There's actually a lot I still don't have.) I've also laid in bed and listened to some of the 'quiet' tracks, they can really help me relax when I need to. I've always hoped that doing this will bring about the ol' Pandoran lucid dream, but no luck so far. Oh well, still very nice to hear at the end of the day when there's nothing left to worry about doing.

And then sometimes the tracks like "Becoming One of the People" and "Climbing Up Iknimaya" make me feel like I can do anything, go anywhere, and like I just oughta reach out and seize life with both hands! They just make me wanna RUN!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Empty Glass's Avatar
Karyu
Empty Glass has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,440
Default

Semi off-topic post:

Last night I was perusing the music subforum and opened the thread AVATAR like, natural music for the first time and discovered this song. I've been listening to it throughout the day and it's been giving me that P.A.E. feeling.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Sėltsan'awpo's Avatar
Numeyu
Sėltsan'awpo needs a sig...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Still Earth :|
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight Unseen View Post
I was sort of in between sleep and awake, just conscious enough to want to go to sleep. Then "Becoming One of the People" started playing. I don't know how or why, but for a split second, I felt like I was there. Didn't care about anything, or have anything to care about, simply running and jumping through the trees, for no reason other than to be alive. It felt like someone took a massive weight off my chest. It was sort of like falling without the movement. For the first time since I can remember, I smiled, without thinking about it. Just for an instant, I felt truly alive, like I'm not the human element in this massive and pointless machine of society, but free, free to just Be.
Yes!!! That is EXACTLY the same way I experience P.A.E. It's never when I'm fully concious.

It's like; that one note that plays for a mere fraction of a second is just so perfectly timed and executed that it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that I'm on Pandora. It's too bad this feeling can't last a bit longer though I feel a bit bummed once that feeling stops... But not depressed. I think I'm officialy done with P.A.D. Now all I have is P.A.E
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Hunter of the Glade's Avatar
Nawmtu
Hunter of the Glade still carries the message on.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Flux
Posts: 1,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sėltsan'awpo View Post
I think I'm officialy done with P.A.D. Now all I have is P.A.E
Good for you. I think the same is for me.
__________________
"Pandora is right in your backyard. You just have to find it."

"Becoming a Na'vi" - Avatar Short Film

"I'd rather live in her world, than be without her in mine."

"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Loverofnature's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Loverofnature has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Body: Denmark Spirit: Pandora
Posts: 712
Send a message via MSN to Loverofnature Send a message via Skype™ to Loverofnature
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human No More View Post
Sounds amazing

Don't listen to the skxawng above, you know we'd miss you
pffty i was merely joking

i'd miss you to
__________________




"Free your Mind" - Morpheus
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sėltsan'awpo View Post
Yes!!! That is EXACTLY the same way I experience P.A.E. It's never when I'm fully concious.
I don't know when I usually experience PAE. That was my first time, haven't had it since. I definitely need to try this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sėltsan'awpo View Post
It's like; that one note that plays for a mere fraction of a second is just so perfectly timed and executed that it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that I'm on Pandora. It's too bad this feeling can't last a bit longer though I feel a bit bummed once that feeling stops... But not depressed. I think I'm officialy done with P.A.D. Now all I have is P.A.E
^ this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverofnature View Post
pffty i was merely joking

i'd miss you to
thanks. On an unrelated note, just dropped $100 on a new motherboard, means I'm back, but broke. Still, totally worth it. After all, its just $, doesn't matter in the end anyways, still, it's nice to have.

Oh, and I just got Mass Effect for PC(I am a red-haired, paragon sentinel female shepard, and yes, I'm on IIlos) and d**n, Liara is hot. And that's not all, I love her personality; she's not superficial, a little quirky, and honest about her feelings. Don't get me wrong, I still <3 Neytiri more. I guess I have a thing for blue chicks.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight Unseen View Post
I still <3 Neytiri more. I guess I have a thing for blue chicks.
Same for me... Liara was my favourite blue chick before Avatar
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.