I am Home. - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Tanh's Avatar
Sngiyu
Tanh is really freaking confused right now.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 62
Default I am Home.

Kaltx, ma oey ayeylan.

I didn't come to ToS for the reasons that most of you have... I wasn't a part of the "drama" (I'm still not even sure exactly what happened), I wasn't banned from AF and forced to find another forum. I am here because AF was no longer a home to me. It was not the same place that it was four months ago when I joined.

I remember when I heard about ToS for the first time. I read that some of the older members and ex-mods had started a new site and were trying to get the sense of community back. Without I second thought, I found the link and signed up. As I was reading through some of the comments on AF, I started to feel guilty. Many people said they were too loyal to AF to join another site. Why hadn't I felt any loyalty to AF?

I didn't have to look hard to figure out why I didn't feel attached to AF. I started by looking at my subscriptions. Threads I had subscribed to that discussed deep, meaningful topics were dead, or had turned into flame wars. The few active threads I was still subscribed to were about frivolous things, things I could talk about on any other forum.

And I has been seeing an increase in hostility, both by the members and by the mods. I saw an increase of negative, hurtful posts. This was not the same community that I had joined months ago. These were not the same people who had helped me through the Pandora Effect.

So I stopped posting in AF and moved my attention here. For the first few days, I felt like I had lost the sense of community, and I would never get it back. It still didn't feel like home. I was desperate, though, so I decided to stay active here.

To my amazement, my feelings changed. I started seeing some of my favorite threads moved here. I saw many people here who I had started to miss at AF. I started seeing more of the kind and caring people that I saw months ago.

Long story short, I feel like I am back in the same community I joined months ago, and I want to thank all of my smukan s smuke who have made that possible... You all are really like a second family to me, and I am glad that we have a home again.
__________________
Ttse'a ngey slayu law n'aw krr a nga m te'lan ngey kolame.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Pamtseo Vitra
Fkeu'itan hasn't been here in years.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Aberystwyth, Wales.
Posts: 2,562
Send a message via Skype™ to Fkeu'itan
Default

I'm glad you feel like you've come home. I do too.

Welcome to the family.
__________________
"When the time comes, just walk away and don't make any fuss."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Temtongkek's Avatar
Sky Person
Temtongkek is gettin' real, yo.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Agreed. I really like that this has the original feel. You all rock my socks. Please, no hate here.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Tanh's Avatar
Sngiyu
Tanh is really freaking confused right now.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkeu'itan View Post
I'm glad you feel like you've come home. I do too.

Welcome to the family.
Irayo ma tsmukan. It is good to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtongkek View Post
Agreed. I really like that this has the original feel. You all rock my socks. Please, no hate here.
Totally agree. I hope we can leave all the negativity behind.
__________________
Ttse'a ngey slayu law n'aw krr a nga m te'lan ngey kolame.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:40 AM
txen's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
txen living beyond the pale.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanh View Post
Irayo ma tsmukan. It is good to be here



Totally agree. I hope we can leave all the negativity behind.
The community is what you make of it. We all have an obligation to nurture it, because the community is us. In any group there will be disagreement. I'm sure I'll end up with some. I always will do my best to never denigrate another member here. I can agree to disagree, I don't have to win, and I don't need the last word. When we see something get out of hand we need to jump in and do what we can to calm the waters.

I hope this will stay a loving refuge from the sometimes insane outside world.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Numeyu
Brandon Kellum has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Elko, NV
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtongkek View Post
Agreed. I really like that this has the original feel. You all rock my socks. Please, no hate here.
WHOOOOO Temtongkek is here now!! Welcome brother
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

Welcome to our new home
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:57 AM
Neytiri_Quest's Avatar
Eylan
Neytiri_Quest is dreaming again
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: at Neytiri's side
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanh View Post
Kaltx, ma oey ayeylan.

Long story short, I feel like I am back in the same community I joined months ago, and I want to thank all of my smukan s smuke who have made that possible... You all are really like a second family to me, and I am glad that we have a home again.
Hi Tanhi! I don't think we've had any interaction, but I remember you very well from some of your posts on AF. This is a place more like the old days of AF, and I'm sure you'll feel right at home. I'm what you might call a 'dweller in two worlds', since I'm currently posting to both sites. But more and more I'm feeling my home is here, and for some of the reasons you mentioned.

I'm glad you're here.
__________________


"Music is a free-spinning wheel, attached to nothing." ~David Lindsay



Neytiri Love Poems (by me!)

The 'Why We Love Neytiri' commentaries
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 AM
Temtongkek's Avatar
Sky Person
Temtongkek is gettin' real, yo.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Wassup homey!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Kellum View Post
WHOOOOO Temtongkek is here now!! Welcome brother
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Tanh's Avatar
Sngiyu
Tanh is really freaking confused right now.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Welcome to our new home
Thank you for the welcome ma tsmukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neytiri_Quest View Post
Hi Tanhi! I don't think we've had any interaction, but I remember you very well from some of your posts on AF. This is a place more like the old days of AF, and I'm sure you'll feel right at home. I'm what you might call a 'dweller in two worlds', since I'm currently posting to both sites. But more and more I'm feeling my home is here, and for some of the reasons you mentioned.

I'm glad you're here.
Thanks . I remember enjoying reading several of your posts as well. I am still trying to stay active at AF (and failing miserably, I might add)... I don't want to completely give up on it, but I am losing interest. This site is the first thing I check in the morning, but I will frequently go half a day or more before realizing I haven't been on AF yet.
__________________
Ttse'a ngey slayu law n'aw krr a nga m te'lan ngey kolame.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Tawtsamsiyu's Avatar
Sky Person
Tawtsamsiyu needs to see Avatar again
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 13
Default

Kaltx Tanhi!

Much like yourself I joined the Avatar Forums in January, when the experience of seeing Avatar for the first time was still fresh and vivid in my mind. I found a supportive community of like-minded people where I could freely express myself without encountering the opprobrium that seemed to result when attempting to express my enthusiasm and passion for Avatar to those that would not See.

It took more than a month, I would say right about the end of February, when I began to notice that AF was changing. Imperceptibly at first, it was growing more obvious with each passing day. Convivial threads were being invaded by aggressive and obnoxious posters, formerly humourous topics were becoming crude, and the deep meaning of Avatar and Pandora so dear to all of us was being drowned in witless banter.

Then disaster struck when what had been announced as a simple software upgrade turned into an epic confrontation. For several days it was as if sweet peaceful Pandora had turned into hell. Although I took no part in the conflict, Ive been appraised on what transpired by reading the threads on the Tree of Souls. Im glad now that I didnt see the depths of depravity reached on my formerly beloved Avatar Forums. Informed by a friend of the existence of Tree of Souls, I came here for a visit and lo and behold, I found the serene and friendly place that AF used to be just a few months ago.

I originally still planned to contribute to AF as well as on ToS, but I have to admit, my attraction to the Avatar Forums is quickly fading, and I have to admit that its not only the awful look of the place, its also increasingly the feeling that my cosy village has turned into a seedy strip mall.

I hope youll be happy here. With a bit of work and a lot of understanding and cooperation, we can make this into something very nice.

Kyevame!
__________________


The People Say, Eywa Will Provide.

Very proud member of the Neytiri clan!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Chris's Avatar
Eylan
Chris has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
Default

Things will always change, im sure that at some point the threads you love here will die as well. Due to being unrelevant or the fact that all things worth talking about have been talked about. Just dig it out of the bunch a few months later and read it all again, im sure it will give you one hell of a blast
Also i bet there are some lurkers from AF who are sad to read what you are writing - its probably still a great community

Anyways, welcome to your new home, we will welcome you with open arms and lots of neytirijuice
__________________
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Fosus's Avatar
Tsulftu
Fosus can not has status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,569
Send a message via Skype™ to Fosus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanh View Post
Kaltx, ma oey ayeylan.

I didn't come to ToS for the reasons that most of you have... I wasn't a part of the "drama" (I'm still not even sure exactly what happened), I wasn't banned from AF and forced to find another forum. I am here because AF was no longer a home to me. It was not the same place that it was four months ago when I joined.

I remember when I heard about ToS for the first time. I read that some of the older members and ex-mods had started a new site and were trying to get the sense of community back. Without I second thought, I found the link and signed up. As I was reading through some of the comments on AF, I started to feel guilty. Many people said they were too loyal to AF to join another site. Why hadn't I felt any loyalty to AF?

I didn't have to look hard to figure out why I didn't feel attached to AF. I started by looking at my subscriptions. Threads I had subscribed to that discussed deep, meaningful topics were dead, or had turned into flame wars. The few active threads I was still subscribed to were about frivolous things, things I could talk about on any other forum.

And I has been seeing an increase in hostility, both by the members and by the mods. I saw an increase of negative, hurtful posts. This was not the same community that I had joined months ago. These were not the same people who had helped me through the Pandora Effect.

So I stopped posting in AF and moved my attention here. For the first few days, I felt like I had lost the sense of community, and I would never get it back. It still didn't feel like home. I was desperate, though, so I decided to stay active here.

To my amazement, my feelings changed. I started seeing some of my favorite threads moved here. I saw many people here who I had started to miss at AF. I started seeing more of the kind and caring people that I saw months ago.

Long story short, I feel like I am back in the same community I joined months ago, and I want to thank all of my smukan s smuke who have made that possible... You all are really like a second family to me, and I am glad that we have a home again.
Oel ngati Kameie, ma tsmuk!

This is almost exactly what happened to me as well, except i felt home here immediately. AF had grown so big most of the posts meant nothing to me, but here, it's worth reading every post I have time to read.

Irayo, ma smuk.

Last edited by Fosus; 03-20-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Stanley_9875's Avatar
Tsahik
Stanley_9875 you crept up on me like a shadow in the night
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 2,379
Send a message via Skype™ to Stanley_9875
Default

Welcome to our new home, along with being part of the family! I joined the AF in December and was so attached to it, but as much as I didn't want to admit it, I did see hate and spiteful posts slowly start to infect our wonderful community. I didn't want things to be that way... this wasn't the second home I signed up for, this isn't the second family I was a part of. So Oel Ngati Kameie...

It's okay now... we're home again
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:51 AM
zongtseng's Avatar
Administrator
zongtseng is starting a new life
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanh View Post
Totally agree. I hope we can leave all the negativity behind.
This may sound a little naive or preachy, but it gets left behind when people leave it behind I encourage all of the regular posters here to stick to what we ALL should care about, and that is Avatar and it's effects on us all. As a forum admin, I can't completely ignore the negative posts, but I have resolved not to interact with them, and I will continue that stance.

This place will be what we all allow it to be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.