Imagine if I (Spock) had an avatar. - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default Imagine if I (Spock) had an avatar.

Share your opinion on what it would be like if I was part of the avatar program. How would I go at negotiation. By the way I would kick those viperwolf's ass.

Please have a go at speculating what it would be like.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

After venturing into the forest of Pandora, Spock is knocked unconscious by a titanothere and then eaten by a thanator

Hahahaha!
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."

Last edited by Gunny; 03-24-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Stanley_9875's Avatar
Tsahik
Stanley_9875 you crept up on me like a shadow in the night
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 2,379
Send a message via Skype™ to Stanley_9875
Default

Oooo not the best way to start off on Pandora being eaten... Remember what the colonel said about going soft on Pandora
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Apollo's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Apollo is suffering from Tali-Syndrome
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI(Dream Shack: Hallejah Mts.
Posts: 937
Send a message via AIM to Apollo Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo
Default

You would see the mountains, and find it Illogical.


XD
__________________
Cameron may have born Pandora, but living there must be made by your own hands. I have made Pandora with my hands, with color, oil, paint, and pencil.

Like Pandora, it was hard work. Apply it to anything, you'll see the most complex of dreams come to life.
[Away from my Pizza Rolls! nehahhh!!]

My hand-drawn Neytiri
Silronsan Taronyu (Clever Hunter)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

I doubt it, my survival skills allied with logic can defeat any jungle. Or jungle animal. I never 'venture' into the jungle, but rather plan my trip ahead and account for multiple variables.

Edit: Apollo, as an experienced science officer I would throw together a preliminary theory on the mountains immediately. Not find it illogical.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

You would come across so many things and delve into so much thought that your brain explodes!!!
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
You would come across so many things and delve into so much thought that your brain explodes!!!
That is your second attempt to illicet an emotional response.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

It is my attempt to have FUN! Being serious all the time takes the fun out of everything.
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
It is my attempt to have FUN! Being serious all the time takes the fun out of everything.
You wouldn't like me then.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

I know in your instance, you have some camping experience or being outdoors in the woods type of experience I believe from your post. Correct me if I am wrong.

However, for other people reading, planning, reading things, evaluating things, etc. are not the best ways to always go about things. Nothing always goes according to plan. You can learn everything from books, and no matter how many situations you think of something will always come from nowhere unexpectedly. I guarantee you that if you tell two men to fix a car and give them X amount of time to prepare, one man is only allowed to read books, the other can not read books but gets to practice on the car all he wants both having the same general knowledge at the beginning. The man with hands on experience will finish repairs faster than the one reading.

The best things are done on a whim. To say that you would undeniably do better on Pandora than say Jake is not a plausible argument to make. I enjoy the fact that you bring new thoughts and invoke intellectual thinking. You must be realistic about things. Saying, I would take down those viperwolves no problem is just ludicrous.
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
I know in your instance, you have some camping experience or being outdoors in the woods type of experience I believe from your post. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, infact I just got back from a stream study deep in highcountry bushland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
However, for other people reading, planning, reading things, evaluating things, etc. are not the best ways to always go about things.
It all depends on what type of person you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Nothing always goes according to plan. You can learn everything from books, and no matter how many situations you think of something will always come from nowhere unexpectedly.
I know, but in my case I would choose to deal with the problem through logic. That goes for both me and my alter-ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
I guarantee you that if you tell two men to fix a car and give them X amount of time to prepare, one man is only allowed to read books, the other can not read books but gets to practice on the car all he wants both having the same general knowledge at the beginning. The man with hands on experience will finish repairs faster than the one reading.
This can only vaguely be applied to the situation in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
The best things are done on a whim. To say that you would undeniably do better on Pandora than say Jake is not a plausible argument to make. I enjoy the fact that you bring new thoughts and invoke intellectual thinking. You must be realistic about things. Saying, I would take down those viperwolves no problem is just ludicrous.
I have to disagree. Logic offers a 'serenity' the ability to deal with the situation at hand without panicking, but rather staying calm and acting accordingly. Hey, Spock is an extremely experienced martial arts expert, give him an avatar and my bets are that he could take on almost anything on pandora and win.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
txen's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
txen living beyond the pale.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 344
Default

With the Vulcan mind meld thing an avatar would not be necessary. One mind meld at the tree of souls to Eywa is all it would take. However, it would not be without repercussions. Eywa would show him the path allowing transcendence beyond Kohlinar. Transference to an avatar body would allow the one formally known as Spock to integrate into Navi society.

I think that sounds good.

I'm an engineer so I use logic to figure out complicated situations on a daily basis. I let my emotion flow in interpersonal relations. It's a lot more fun.

Last edited by txen; 03-24-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

Quote:
It all depends on what type of person you are.
I agree that it does depend on the type of person you are, some learn better by doing and vise versa. However, give a guy a book and then give him some real time experience and he will be much better at whatever task had he just read the book.





Quote:
I have to disagree. Logic offers a 'serenity' the ability to deal with the situation at hand without panicking, but rather staying calm and acting accordingly. Hey, Spock is an extremely experienced martial arts expert, give him an avatar and my bets are that he could take on almost anything on pandora and win.
If you want to refer to things changing based on the type of person than this applies also. For you logic offers that "serenity", but not always for others. I know plenty of people that do not panic in situations, rather see it as a challenge and learn as they go if that makes sense.

Also, I understand that you see Spock as your alter-ego but you are not Spock. As much as you can relate to him you are not a crazy martial arts expert aided by the perfect situations from TV and movies. This is a silly thing to bring into this.

My point overall, is that with no experience of being on Pandora, you are subject to anything. No book can teach you how to get away from a Thanatore without being killed, no book teaches you how to get away from a pack of viper wolves. This is knowledge that can only be gained from hands on experience.
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txen View Post
With the Vulcan mind meld thing an avatar would not be necessary. One mind meld at the tree of souls to Eywa is all it would take. However, it would not be without repercussions. Eywa would show him the path allowing transcendence beyond Kohlinar. Transference to an avatar body would allow the one formally known as Spock to integrate into Navi society.
Are you touting Eywa as being wiser than Spock. I doubt such, as Eywa has been limited to Pandora for eons, only experiencing and understanding that environment. Spock has traveled the galaxy and interacted with hundreds of different species, therefore allowing a greater understanding of the universe. In my eyes the Na'vi society is not perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
I agree that it does depend on the type of person you are, some learn better by doing and vise versa. However, give a guy a book and then give him some real time experience and he will be much better at whatever task had he just read the book.
He would also understand the mechanics of his actions. Some people are naturally pragmatic, while others are theoretical, when these two types of people work hand in hand, great things happen. What I'm saying is that you can give him a book and practical experience, but he will learn better from either one of those, rarely both. If you go up to a theoretical astrochemist and say, "Hey fix my car dude". It will be a lot harder for him to learn to do so rather than someone who was born to be a mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
If you want to refer to things changing based on the type of person than this applies also. For you logic offers that "serenity", but not always for others. I know plenty of people that do not panic in situations, rather see it as a challenge and learn as they go if that makes sense.
But logic rarely faults someone in a situation, where-as emotional discourse does so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Also, I understand that you see Spock as your alter-ego but you are not Spock. As much as you can relate to him you are not a crazy martial arts expert aided by the perfect situations from TV and movies. This is a silly thing to bring into this.
Thats right, to say I am Spock is purely for the amusement of the community. If you don't like it I will comply and cease to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
My point overall, is that with no experience of being on Pandora, you are subject to anything. No book can teach you how to get away from a Thanatore without being killed, no book teaches you how to get away from a pack of viper wolves. This is knowledge that can only be gained from hands on experience.
You are infact being bias. Knowledge can be gained throgh learning whether it be practical or otherwise. What I am trying to say is that a logical entity would have a higher chance of survival on pandora as it would not be emotionally compromised. Therefore circumventing the consequences that being emotionally compromised would cause. A highly emotional being may act rashly or instinctually which may infact put the being at further fault. This can happen through logic, but rarely.

Try looking at the world through logical eyes.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Sacred Tsahaylu's Avatar
Unìltaronyu
Sacred Tsahaylu is typing on his leopard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scotland, Pandora
Posts: 676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
You would see the mountains, and find it Illogical.
This
A Vulcan S.O. in an avatar body, now that's a potent mix
__________________
'I have already chosen. But this woman must also choose me'
'She already has'


'Mawey! Na'viyä, mawey!'
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.