I Don't Know What It Was - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Stanley_9875's Avatar
Tsahik
Stanley_9875 you crept up on me like a shadow in the night
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 2,379
Send a message via Skype™ to Stanley_9875
Default I Don't Know What It Was

About last nights viewing of Avatar. I got out of college at 5:30pm (every third friday I get out early), took my friend from college home, and got to the theater about 6:10pm for the showing of Avatar in 2-D at 7:00pm. I watched it and even though it was on a smaller screen and it wasn't in 3-D it was still as spectacular as ever. I haven't seen the movie in about 3 weeks (would've been 3 if I missed last night) but now, every time I close my eyes I see myself with Neytiri. Before I'd close my eyes and see Neytiri, or a playback of the movie, or Pandora or even myself on Pandora without really trying to think about it. As you may know or seen my posts on the Loneliness thread in the Off Topic section, I'm in the same boat (or plane as I prefer ) as a lot of you are... I'm single. Never had a girlfriend and I'm 19. Just the thought of Neytiri and I in a hammock high in the air, her nuzzling her head against my chest, her arms wrapped around me, me stroking her hair, each of us feeling each others heartbeats, the cool soft breeze brushing against us, us both staring at the dark night sky, the reflection of the moons giving light to the jungle below us. Just her wanting to be with me, truly love me. Sometimes I'd want to imagine it, but since last night I imagine images and scenes like that without even trying. To gaze into her deep glassy golden eyes. Whatever it is it's leaving my physical senses numb... to a certain extent (I still take care of my car as I drove today haha). I woke up this morning and just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling for a while. Images of Neytiri with me wouldn't leave my mind; and I wouldn't want them to. I thought that images and scenes like suck would make me happy, put a smile on my face... they have before. They didn't. I don't know why... maybe its because I don't have anyone to physically like that, to hold me and comfort me like she does. I eventually got up, took a shower and continued my Saturday doing nearly everything I needed to do, but I just didn't feel... I don't know. Maybe it was just because I hadn't seen the movie in 3 weeks and it was such a relief to see it again. I'm sorry i just had to get this off my chest.
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Tsyal Makto's Avatar
Tsulfätu
Tsyal Makto glad to be home!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Body - Chicago, Spirit - Pandora
Posts: 1,873
Default

Oél ngáti kámeie, Stanley.

I know what you mean. I have a girlfriend, but it's just so hard to build lifelong bonds in the modern world. We have a good relationship, but the demands of the modern world are probably going to get to us when we decide colleges. She's likely going to school in-state, and I'm going out-of-state. We're going to try and keep a long distance relationship going, but I personally have my doubts it will work (they often never do, sadly ).

Sometimes I wish we could just escape to a little jungle paradise forever. Just the two of us, part of a tight-knit clan, hunting and gathering, sleeping in hammocks under the stars as nature always intended. Our only concern being survival - no money, no politics, just simply living. "Two agains't the world, baby" (Planet Terror).

Last edited by Tsyal Makto; 03-28-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Iceri's Avatar
Numeyu
Iceri mmmmmmhmmm.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 81
Default

I'm 18 and I've had 2 different partners, and one of them I was with her for 3 years. I've realized that I'm still very young and shaping my own life and can't expect to commit to a long term relationship right now. I'd rather be alone and content with who I am than sacrifice myself and my habits to make a relationship work. I don't really know where I was going with this post because I didn't have a clear idea of what this was about. But we <3 you Stanley
__________________
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Stanley_9875's Avatar
Tsahik
Stanley_9875 you crept up on me like a shadow in the night
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 2,379
Send a message via Skype™ to Stanley_9875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsyal Makto View Post
Oél ngáti kámeie, Stanley.

I know what you mean. I have a girlfriend, but it's just so hard to build lifelong bonds in the modern world. We have a good relationship, but the demands of the modern world are probably going to get to us when we decide colleges. She's likely going to school in-state, and I'm going out-of-state. We're going to try and keep a long distance relationship going, but I personally have my doubts it will work (they often never do, sadly ).

Sometimes I wish we could just escape to a little jungle paradise forever. Just the two of us, part of a tight-knit clan, hunting and gathering, sleeping in hammocks under the stars as nature always intended. Our only concern being survival - no money, no politics, just simply living. "Two agains't the world, baby" (Planet Terror).
I wish I could escape to one as well, and basically live the way you described. I live in one behind closed eyes though. Thank you ma tsmukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceri View Post
I'm 18 and I've had 2 different partners, and one of them I was with her for 3 years. I've realized that I'm still very young and shaping my own life and can't expect to commit to a long term relationship right now. I'd rather be alone and content with who I am than sacrifice myself and my habits to make a relationship work. I don't really know where I was going with this post because I didn't have a clear idea of what this was about. But we <3 you Stanley
Haha you didn't have a clear idea about the post? I'm sorry I just needed to get some things off my chest, but thanks for the love always accepted ma tsmukan
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Iceri's Avatar
Numeyu
Iceri mmmmmmhmmm.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 81
Default

I read the whole thing but my mind is a bit hazy at the moment, spring break's sweet alcohol + large lcd monitor = hard to read correctly

but I got a general idea of what you meant.
__________________
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

I know how you feel ma tsmukan. I was....well still am like this, I have to keep myself busy to keep from my mind wondering. It is so easy for me to get lost in fantasies of being with neytiri.

For me I have had a few girlfriends, only a few serious and sometimes it makes it worse, makes American feel like I'm longing for something that isn't out there. Never actually said that before lol. One thing for sure is after my last girlfriend and after seeing Neytiri I am waiting and trying to find my own neytiri here on earth.
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Iceri's Avatar
Numeyu
Iceri mmmmmmhmmm.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 81
Default

At this point and time in my life I'm down with casual relationships and one night stands but I'm not going to seek out a "soul mate" you know? If I meet someone and it ends up being serious, that's great, but I'm not going to pursue it. I let things come to me.
__________________
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

I'm the same way at this time. I'm more in a time of me and getting my stuff done. I don't plan on settling down for a while so I'm only looking for more casual things. I'm not really trying to get into anything serious.
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Oel ngati kameie... I know the feeling far too well

I guess we just have to not give up, to hope that somewhere out there, our Neytiris are waiting for us and we just have to find them...
It just seems too hard though
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Boomachucka's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
Boomachucka has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 269
Default

Don't give up, ma tsmukan! I understand how you feel, I really do. I've had a few major relationships in the past, and I'm your age- but honestly, unless you find that Neytiri-like girl, it's hardly even worth it. Not that I got the impression from your post, but don't be hard on yourself for not dating anyone. In my experience, real love (No matter how long-lived, as it's hard to sustain a relationship for more than a couple years at this age) tends to find you.

With that said, I don't blame you for wanting Neytiri. But let's be critical- is it really the 10 foot tall blue woman who you're after? Or is it her boundless love and the ideals she represents?

Or we can not be critical either and just enjoy it as it comes. Just trying to make you think about it from other perspectives

We all love you Stan, you can always come here to talk or get stuff off your chest as you have in your original post! <3
__________________
Oel ngati Kameie

I support Tali for ME3!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Silver Storm's Avatar
‘Eylan
Silver Storm Painting-eh!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 102
Default

*huggs* you will find that one special person. and the longing for her will only make it worth waiting, you know that when you find her.
__________________

My avatar fanart on deviant art
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Pamtseo Vitra
Fkeu'itan hasn't been here in years.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Aberystwyth, Wales.
Posts: 2,562
Send a message via Skype™ to Fkeu'itan
Default

Don't worry Stanley, as you can see from the "lonliness" thread, you're most definitely not alone.

I hope to find my soulmate too some day, but as Silver Storm said, looking to find it will only make finding it even sweeter. It could, however, also make the lonliness feel even more difficult to bear.

Hold out though ma tsmukan, we'll be with you every step of the way.

Quote:
At this point and time in my life I'm down with casual relationships and one night stands but I'm not going to seek out a "soul mate" you know? If I meet someone and it ends up being serious, that's great, but I'm not going to pursue it. I let things come to me.
As for this, I thought I would feel exactly the same way, but I don't. I no longer feel I a hollow relationship would fulfil my needs. I need something real.
__________________
"When the time comes, just walk away and don't make any fuss."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

It's the same for me... A hollow meaningless relationship just doesn't have any interest for me any more. Why waste time with someone who is completely the wrong person?
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Taronyu
tallbluewanderer has disappeared into the night.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A blue world…
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkeu'itan View Post
Don't worry Stanley, as you can see from the "lonliness" thread, you're most definitely not alone.

I hope to find my soulmate too some day, but as Silver Storm said, looking to find it will only make finding it even sweeter. It could, however, also make the lonliness feel even more difficult to bear.

Hold out though ma tsmukan, we'll be with you every step of the way.
I haven't posted in the "lonliness" thread yet, but I'll point out that haven't found anyone yet either... I'll pitch in with the moral support, though!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-31-2010, 06:41 AM
Gunny's Avatar
Karyu
Gunny DUBSTEP!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via Skype™ to Gunny
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human No More View Post
It's the same for me... A hollow meaningless relationship just doesn't have any interest for me any more. Why waste time with someone who is completely the wrong person?
Its not quite that for me. While I would kill to meet that person, at the point in my life I am at I am still trying to figure out so much of my own life and what I want out of it, more so concentrating on me. So I am not looking to settle down which I would possibly want to do if I found that person.

Its like I long for that feeling of really being with that person, but at the same time keep telling myself that now isnt a good time. Yet I still want that person to hold and such.
__________________

J Sully: "gunnish is a special accent only spoken by Gunny!"
Kestor: "Gunnish turns Zoe on."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.