So, Cracked mentioned the tsahaylu scene... - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » General Avatar Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Sight Unseen's Avatar
Karyu
Sight Unseen is a perfectly ordinary magical unicorn.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,374
Default So, Cracked mentioned the tsahaylu scene...

The Anne Frank Sex Doll And 5 Other Wisely-Cut Sex Scenes

What good is a discussion of tsahaylu without the writer implying bestiality?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2016, 04:22 PM
discounthobo159's Avatar
‘Eylan
discounthobo159 .exe has stopped working
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: eNgLaNd iS My CiTy
Posts: 138
Default

i feel like these 'news reportes'/film critics intentionally exaggerate or interpret certain scenes to be there worst nature to get most responses or stir up controversy. instead of thinking 'oh - but why would they wear loinclothes if that was so' they go for the most ignorant interpretation. i've seen soooo many youtube comments and articles like this, and funny enough these same people have never considered anything spiritual or deeper (not that i'm some spirit shaman or something ), they instantly see a scene like this and think '**** they're having sex with pterodactyls aswell'. rant finished (although that doesnt mean im defending/keen on those kinds of scenes )
__________________
Quote:
"Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else." --
*CLICK HERE TO GET THEM OLD SKOOL VIBES*

Last edited by discounthobo159; 09-22-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Disco Scratch's Avatar
Music Pony
Disco Scratch is probably busy dancing.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 409
Default

Whenever I see articles like that or remember articles from years ago echoing the same nonsense the first thing that comes to mind for me is that whoever is writing the article has never actually seen the movie and is only getting the information for their article from other similar articles. If you see the movie just one time there's no way to misunderstand what tsaheylu is. In fact it is explained twice when Jake is connecting to animals. When Jake is on the direhorse Neytiri tells Jake "You may tell her what to do... inside."


It happens again when Jake chooses his nameless ikran and Neytiri tells him "Think... fly!"

At that point everyone should fully understand what the connection is and how it works. Those connected can hear your thoughts, feel your emotions and what you feel physically. Now at first I thought it was a form of control where you could take on physical control of whatever creature you're connected to, but I quickly learned that it isn't and I realized it the first time I watched the movie. It works more like telling a Taxi driver where to go. What I wonder is... if an ikran or direhorse can disobey if they know it's too dangerous?


Not only that, but we see them make tsaheylu with the Tree of Voices and the Tree of Souls more than once. These are scenes that cleared up what tsaheylu is all about for me the first time I saw the movie. These scenes in particular prove to me that the bestiality undertones of these articles are intentionally misleading. None of the articles ever talk about dendrophillia (sex with trees). If they did people would know the writer is simply being ridiculous.

Look out! Group orgy with the magic tree!




Then we see Jake connect to the Tree of Souls to give Eywa a heads up and let her see his world. With all of that in mind I believe it's safe to assume that these articles are intentionally trying to make tsaheylu sound like something it isn't and I believe that it simply comes from not actually seeing the movie. There are more nonsexual examples of tsaheylu so there's no way you can misundertand it unless it's intentional. It has been nearly seven years since AVATAR hit theaters. If you don't know what tsaheylu is by this point then you shouldn't be writing articles about it. Unless you're just trolling fans. I believe that is some of the intent behind it. To poke at the fans because their great movie isn't the big success fans think it is. It was a very successful movie and we shouldn't forget that.

There's a misconception that AVATAR fell off the map and critics attribute this to the film lacking an original story or a decent story. Some even say the only reason AVATAR was successful at all is because of the CGI, but I disagree. So why didn't AVATAR become as big as Star Wars with a cult following? I think this bestiality nonsense and the news reports about AVATAR fans becoming suicidal made a lot of fans hide the fact that they like the movie. So if you've ever wondered where are all the AVATAR fans? They're out there waiting for the sequels just as impatiently as we are. They just aren't involved in fan communities because of the stigma that hit early on. The news reports about AVATAR fans becoming suicidal hit the World News before I even saw the movie then all the articles about bestiality hit the Internet. The same thing could have happened to Star Wars if critics then would have made a big deal about Luke Skywalker having the hots for his sister.

Haters are going to hate.
__________________
Eternal Enigma ♂
Joined AF: June 30, 2010


Steps to Salvation: A Walk Through Scripture

Genesis 1:1; Genesis 3; Genesis 6; Genesis 7; Romans 5:12; Romans 6:23; 1 Peter 2:24; Matthew 3:11; 1 Timothy 1:15; 2 Corinthians 5:20-21; Romans 3:10; Romans 3:19-28; Galatians 2:16; Acts 28:27; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4*; Ephesians 2:8-9;1 Peter 1:23; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; Acts 16:30-31; Hebrews 9:13-28; Romans 4:23-25; Romans 5:1-2; Colossians 1:14; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Romans 6:12-23; Romans 6:8. King James Version — Authorized King James Version (KJV, AKJV)

Like happy music? Checkout my Spotify Playlist — Spotify Music Playlist

What is a Christian? Checkout my YouTube Playlist — Understanding Salvation

Many believe they're going to heaven because they're a "good person." Are You a Good Person?

Following Jesus isn't a religion; don't forget that it was religious people who killed Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-22-2016, 08:25 PM
Tsamsiyu
Wind12 has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 579
Default

Yea people whom write articles like that arnt worth my time. The haters can hate all they want, usFANS are going to have 4 sequels, and are going to revel in our Avatar fandom whether they make 20 billion dollars, or 25 dollars and there is not a thing that they can do about it, HELL YEA!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Dr. Na'vi's Avatar
‘Eylan
Dr. Na'vi is counting down the seconds...
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Enigma View Post
So if you've ever wondered where are all the AVATAR fans? They're out there waiting for the sequels just as impatiently as we are. They just aren't involved in fan communities because of the stigma that hit early on.
I can totally confirm this.

slightly OT:

I know five people (including two good friends), that were super obsessed with Avatar for a rather short amount of time in 2010, and avoided the fandom after that, maybe because of negative feelings. Two of them actually never were fans in the first place, they just suffered some super heavy P.A.D.

We all had seen the movie 1 to 3 times in cinema, but shortly after I finally got the first release of Avatar my friend started to rewatch it at home almost daily. Like a solid 50 times in two months, sometimes twice a day on weekends.
I remember the days when he could finish every. single. line of dialogue and tell me exactly what happens next after I showed him some random scene.
Wierd thing is, he never cared about the soundtrack, the extended cut, the making of, the deleted scenes, the trivia and the fan forums. (To be fair I also didn't care about participating in fan forums until recently)
His obsession faded so quickly, today he barely knows that Avatar 2 is in the making. But there's a 100% chance he will get addicted again when the first trailer hits youtube

nice gifs btw
__________________

Last edited by Dr. Na'vi; 09-23-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2016, 12:49 AM
Na'vi a Kepekmì's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
Na'vi a Kepekmì is a LNer and ToSer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: About 8 light-minutes from the Sun
Posts: 311
Default

Don't take it personally; they're hired to write such articles. That's more selling than serious articles. Anyway I don't think it's a movie newspaper website, but a humour website.
__________________
Remember the 2010s...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Ja'k Dawsiin's Avatar
Nawmtu
Ja'k Dawsiin Neytiri's Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Hometree
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind12 View Post
Yea people whom write articles like that arnt worth my time. The haters can hate all they want, usFANS are going to have 4 sequels, and are going to revel in our Avatar fandom whether they make 20 billion dollars, or 25 dollars and there is not a thing that they can do about it, HELL YEA!!


i second this, hell yeahhh! c'mon sequels!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-23-2016, 09:01 AM
Exoblade's Avatar
One of the People
Exoblade is staring into the darkness of the universe
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 215
Default

I think part of it comes from the "touch it and you'll go blind" line from the tech when Jake is in the Avatar compound which is very close to that classic urban myth. Combine that with the fact that they are never specific what the queue and tsaheylu is I can see how uninformed or inattentive people could misunderstand.

Plus it a very, very easy joke.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-24-2016, 01:18 AM
Disco Scratch's Avatar
Music Pony
Disco Scratch is probably busy dancing.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fast5u-Na'vi View Post
nice gifs btw
Thanks

I'm particularly proud of the one where they're in a never ending nose dive on their ikrans. It's actually the very first one I imaged creating after I realized that I could make decent quality GIFs. I made at least 300 AVATAR GIFs in 2012 of practically every major scene and anything that would loop well. Even silly stuff...




Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
I think part of it comes from the "touch it and you'll go blind" line from the tech when Jake is in the Avatar compound which is very close to that classic urban myth. Combine that with the fact that they are never specific what the queue and tsaheylu is I can see how uninformed or inattentive people could misunderstand.

Plus it a very, very easy joke.
"Don't play with that, you'll go blind."

__________________
Eternal Enigma ♂
Joined AF: June 30, 2010


Steps to Salvation: A Walk Through Scripture

Genesis 1:1; Genesis 3; Genesis 6; Genesis 7; Romans 5:12; Romans 6:23; 1 Peter 2:24; Matthew 3:11; 1 Timothy 1:15; 2 Corinthians 5:20-21; Romans 3:10; Romans 3:19-28; Galatians 2:16; Acts 28:27; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4*; Ephesians 2:8-9;1 Peter 1:23; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; Acts 16:30-31; Hebrews 9:13-28; Romans 4:23-25; Romans 5:1-2; Colossians 1:14; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Romans 6:12-23; Romans 6:8. King James Version — Authorized King James Version (KJV, AKJV)

Like happy music? Checkout my Spotify Playlist — Spotify Music Playlist

What is a Christian? Checkout my YouTube Playlist — Understanding Salvation

Many believe they're going to heaven because they're a "good person." Are You a Good Person?

Following Jesus isn't a religion; don't forget that it was religious people who killed Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-24-2016, 05:54 AM
Empty Glass's Avatar
Karyu
Empty Glass has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Enigma View Post
I have nothing important to say other than I need to find a good use for this. Nice GIF indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-24-2016, 06:18 AM
Disco Scratch's Avatar
Music Pony
Disco Scratch is probably busy dancing.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Glass View Post
I have nothing important to say other than I need to find a good use for this. Nice GIF indeed.
Thanks! Here's the second one that goes with that one...



__________________
Eternal Enigma ♂
Joined AF: June 30, 2010


Steps to Salvation: A Walk Through Scripture

Genesis 1:1; Genesis 3; Genesis 6; Genesis 7; Romans 5:12; Romans 6:23; 1 Peter 2:24; Matthew 3:11; 1 Timothy 1:15; 2 Corinthians 5:20-21; Romans 3:10; Romans 3:19-28; Galatians 2:16; Acts 28:27; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4*; Ephesians 2:8-9;1 Peter 1:23; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; Acts 16:30-31; Hebrews 9:13-28; Romans 4:23-25; Romans 5:1-2; Colossians 1:14; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Romans 6:12-23; Romans 6:8. King James Version — Authorized King James Version (KJV, AKJV)

Like happy music? Checkout my Spotify Playlist — Spotify Music Playlist

What is a Christian? Checkout my YouTube Playlist — Understanding Salvation

Many believe they're going to heaven because they're a "good person." Are You a Good Person?

Following Jesus isn't a religion; don't forget that it was religious people who killed Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2016, 03:02 AM
One of the People
allroock123 has no status.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 225
Default

There are a lot of misconceptions that reviewers who have not done there homework or have some kind of religious or political "bone to chew" throw around regarding James Cameron's Avatar and the meaning of it's symbology staring with "Tsahaylu",,, The Na'vi pony tail thing or Queue is not a reproductive organ and is not intended to represent an act of primal male domination ,, its a "visual example" of a sixth sense of the "Bonds" we all share but fail to recognise with ones circle of recognized relations we don't have a queue but we do "feel" bonds with the world around us its nothing esoteric at all and Human-Beings all have the innate "ability" see this way , from this place of understanding"--"but" its not a valued place of expression in the Ethos of mainstream society We don't see or recognize things at a spiritual level, it sure changes ones perception when one does,, Native peoples "See" or "Recognize" animals and plants as a part of ones extended family "They are kin" and they have a spirit just like we do,, European peoples in there "Ethos" do not see from this perspective of reality " animals are "seen" as inferior and plants have no spirit ,, this can be reflected in the perceptions of some religious viewpoints, A human's spirit can ascend to a high place after death "But" not a horse or a dog they do not have a recognized spirit and therefore they can not ,, there is a separation Us and Them , but viewpoints are changing in todays times and those beliefs are being questioned, when Reviewers make statements about Tsahaylu as being an act of beastiality one has to question there core agenda sources and just walk away shaking ones head .. just my feelings on the issue

Last edited by allroock123; 09-26-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.