Brilliant article of Area 51 - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default Brilliant article of Area 51

I recommend it to everyone. It's quite convincing.

Area 51 secret base
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Isard's Avatar
Old Guard
Isard -- Wait, you do hear the voices right?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via Skype™ to Isard
Default

Never have I heard such a spin of truth and utter lies blended so well...



((As I said this, I immediately thought to make a pass at fox news, but they aren't that out there))
__________________
:psyduck:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Area 51 DOES have some interesting points (like a runway long enough to land the space shuttle), but there's nothing amazingly special about it. It's well known it has been used for testing of aircraft, some of which are now in production and some of which never made it into production but you can read about on Wikipedia if you want

As nice as it would be to have alien technology there, that's just tinfoil hat material

Aurora is actually an interesting one, but as for that 'stealth blimp', I don't even know where to start on how impossible that is, and as for the 'black manta', the US already has the world's most capable fighter in the F-22, there's no need for another, costing many billions and even more if it was developed with that secrecy.
It's no coincidence that until the 1970s, the most typical UFO sighting was the stereotypical (and implausible) 'flying saucer' as frequently seen in fiction of the time, then it changed to black triangles just as public awareness of military aircraft increased
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human No More View Post
Area 51 DOES have some interesting points (like a runway long enough to land the space shuttle), but there's nothing amazingly special about it. It's well known it has been used for testing of aircraft, some of which are now in production and some of which never made it into production but you can read about on Wikipedia if you want

As nice as it would be to have alien technology there, that's just tinfoil hat material

Aurora is actually an interesting one, but as for that 'stealth blimp', I don't even know where to start on how impossible that is, and as for the 'black manta', the US already has the world's most capable fighter in the F-22, there's no need for another, costing many billions and even more if it was developed with that secrecy.
It's no coincidence that until the 1970s, the most typical UFO sighting was the stereotypical (and implausible) 'flying saucer' as frequently seen in fiction of the time, then it changed to black triangles just as public awareness of military aircraft increased
You're probably right, but I do love conspiracy. I think it would be exciting to be chased away by those 'camo dudes' in 4 by 4s and a couple of pave hawk helicopters.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Isard's Avatar
Old Guard
Isard -- Wait, you do hear the voices right?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via Skype™ to Isard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
You're probably right, but I do love conspiracy. I think it would be exciting to be chased away by those 'camo dudes' in 4 by 4s and a couple of pave hawk helicopters.

I beleive that due to the level of security, if you get close enough, they can shoot to kill. Most of the time the Military is pretty "lenient" (as in, you will survive) on people getting close to/on bases, but area 51 is completely secured. If you're breaking in, you're spying and risking national security to them.
__________________
:psyduck:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aihwa View Post
I beleive that due to the level of security, if you get close enough, they can shoot to kill. Most of the time the Military is pretty "lenient" (as in, you will survive) on people getting close to/on bases, but area 51 is completely secured. If you're breaking in, you're spying and risking national security to them.
I wouldn't be dumb enough to do that, just to get close enough to see some of the security. Lol, I wouldn't go driving in there at 100Mph, there is probably minefields and all sorts.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Isard's Avatar
Old Guard
Isard -- Wait, you do hear the voices right?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via Skype™ to Isard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I wouldn't be dumb enough to do that, just to get close enough to see some of the security. Lol, I wouldn't go driving in there at 100Mph, there is probably minefields and all sorts.
The US doesn't use mines. It's illegal.
__________________
:psyduck:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
GP-5's Avatar
Numeyu
GP-5 This world is just illusion, trying to change you.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borås, Sweden
Posts: 79
Default

Yea... and everyone plays nice and follow the rules when it comes to the military....
The US didn't sign the Ottawa Treaty if I don't remember wrong... but they might go under some other treaty I don't know about... I'm not to familiar with this subject so I wont make a statement about it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aihwa View Post
The US doesn't use mines. It's illegal.
Oh please.....
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Советский меч's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Советский меч R.I.P Hitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aihwa View Post
The US doesn't use mines. It's illegal.

They have motion sensors and these guys that sit on a hill that watch you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester of Sorrow View Post
They have motion sensors and these guys that sit on a hill that watch you.
God I would love to snap some pictures of them.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Советский меч's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Советский меч R.I.P Hitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
God I would love to snap some pictures of them.

These are the infamous "cammo dudes"


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester of Sorrow View Post
These are the infamous "cammo dudes"


You just gave me a big laugh. I've got to see this for myself. I think I'll strap into a ghillie suit one day and try and get close with a camera, just got to watch those sensors.

Edit: Those two by the bottom 4 by 4 look a lot like clones of each other. What are they doing in that place?
__________________
Live long and prosper

Last edited by Spock; 11-11-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post

Edit: Those two by the bottom 4 by 4 look a lot like clones of each other. What are they doing in that place?
I thought the same thing
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Spock's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Spock is hopeful.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 886
Default

I'm doing some more research into them now. Apparently they are employed by EG & G Technical services and contracted to the U.S Airforce. Also, if they have their photo taken they lose their jobs.
__________________
Live long and prosper
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.