Snowshoeing Right Now 13000 ft - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Aketuan's Avatar
Outdoorsman
Aketuan is ready for July
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Posts: 622
Default Snowshoeing Right Now 13000 ft

Well, I'm posting from on top Flattop Mountain 12900 ft. Wind is blowing like crazy. Can't believe I have service.

I'll post some pics once I get back.
Anyone else been out hiking recently?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Empty Glass's Avatar
Karyu
Empty Glass has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,438
Default

Well gee, I went hiking last week, but with no snowshoes...to about 1500 feet...with low wind...uhhh, the fog was dangerous! No really, there was lots of it!

Sounds like a fairly extreme trek. Sounds pretty awesome too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Fighter-of-Wars's Avatar
Adventurer
Fighter-of-Wars is alive and well
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 945
Default

WOW! Sounds like and amazing time. I will await your pics.

Waits...Waits...Waits...

needz pics now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Banefull's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Banefull has a status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 814
Send a message via Skype™ to Banefull
Default

I eagerly await pictures also.

Sounds like an awesome experience.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 PM
X.,.Pandora.,.X's Avatar
Tsulfätu
X.,.Pandora.,.X Is finally home
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,580
Default

You know your a dedicated user when your on ToS at 12000 feet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Aketuan's Avatar
Outdoorsman
Aketuan is ready for July
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Posts: 622
Default

Well I'm back to civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Glass View Post
Well gee, I went hiking last week, but with no snowshoes...to about 1500 feet...with low wind...uhhh, the fog was dangerous! No really, there was lots of it!

Sounds like a fairly extreme trek. Sounds pretty awesome too.
I've never had much experience with fog...sounds like fun actually! Where was this at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X.,.Pandora.,.X View Post
You know your a dedicated user when your on ToS at 12000 feet
Nice...I'm laughing too hard to finish my post now thanks.

Yeah it was not easy but definitely an adventure. I also saw a mountain lion and followed its tracks and a bunch of hair and blood to its hiding place with a freshly killed deer. It covered it up with dirt and leaves to disguise it...Needless to say I got out of there fast.

And finally to the much awaited pics...

Hiking Along...


Longs Peak and keyboard of the winds


Hallets Peak (didn't make it there today, but last summer did)


The deer the mountain lion killed and hid
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 AM
X.,.Pandora.,.X's Avatar
Tsulfätu
X.,.Pandora.,.X Is finally home
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,580
Default

yeah, I would get out of there in a hurry too...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Fighter-of-Wars's Avatar
Adventurer
Fighter-of-Wars is alive and well
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 945
Default

Beautiful pics. Thanks for posting

I really need to go somewhere like that sometime.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:59 AM
LOVEavatar's Avatar
Tsahik
LOVEavatar has a urge to watch Avatar again
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden-Uppsala
Posts: 2,066
Send a message via MSN to LOVEavatar Send a message via Skype™ to LOVEavatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aketuan View Post

Longs Peak and keyboard of the winds
I got goosebumps just looking at it Spectacular view!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Congratulations

Beautiful photos.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Empty Glass's Avatar
Karyu
Empty Glass has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aketuan View Post
I've never had much experience with fog...sounds like fun actually! Where was this at?
This was at the Putah Creek State Wildlife Area; I did the second hike listed on this page. Nothing too daring or impressive, just a nice getaway a day. The fog prevented me from seeing all the views in the photographs there, so it was a little surreal standing on high ridges and only being able to see the trail going along the tops of the ridges. But it was also indeed fun in a way.

But man, your pics...those are great, and I can't say I've ever had to use snowshoes before. Hallets Peak looks spectacular. Someday, I will have to visit Colorado and/or RCMP.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Txantsulsam Fyawintxu's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
Txantsulsam Fyawintxu is glad to be back here!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256
Default

Omg... Amazing! Lol Must be cold there huh Aketuan?? I could never go there.. I can't bear the intense cold freezing weather! Lol especially with the lion & the deer! You're a brave one indeed... And quite a dedicated ToS user I must say, considering you're posting all the way up in the mountains by yourself! LOL awesome!

Now I wanna go hiking too.. Lmao
__________________






Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Aketuan's Avatar
Outdoorsman
Aketuan is ready for July
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Glass View Post
This was at the Putah Creek State Wildlife Area; I did the second hike listed on this page. Nothing too daring or impressive, just a nice getaway a day. The fog prevented me from seeing all the views in the photographs there, so it was a little surreal standing on high ridges and only being able to see the trail going along the tops of the ridges. But it was also indeed fun in a way.

But man, your pics...those are great, and I can't say I've ever had to use snowshoes before. Hallets Peak looks spectacular. Someday, I will have to visit Colorado and/or RCMP.
Yeah that looks like a neat area to hike in. And if you ever visit Colorado, give me a call, maybe we could climb some peaks.

(The most famous and most amazing in Colorado is Longs Peak. 14,500 ft!! In fact it is in the second picture I posted...) Longs Peak
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Aketuan's Avatar
Outdoorsman
Aketuan is ready for July
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txantsulsam Fyawintxu View Post
Omg... Amazing! Lol Must be cold there huh Aketuan?? I could never go there.. I can't bear the intense cold freezing weather! Lol especially with the lion & the deer! You're a brave one indeed... And quite a dedicated ToS user I must say, considering you're posting all the way up in the mountains by yourself! LOL awesome!

Now I wanna go hiking too.. Lmao
Last week it got to -22 Celsius...very cold. Anyway I checked my phone for service and couldn't help but log onto ToS...I think I am addicted. Lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Txantsulsam Fyawintxu's Avatar
Pa'li Makto
Txantsulsam Fyawintxu is glad to be back here!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256
Default

Hahaha omg... Lol -22 Celsius!! *dies* Lmao I'll be frozen before I reach my phone for that! Lol no worries buddy, you're not alone!
__________________






Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.