My Robotic sense of mind: (long, but intriguing) - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Apollo's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Apollo is suffering from Tali-Syndrome
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI(Dream Shack: Hallejah Mts.
Posts: 937
Send a message via AIM to Apollo Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo
Default My Robotic sense of mind: (long, but intriguing)

This is a thought that has been plaguing my mind for several years, almost 8 years if you count this year. Ever since I was in high school, I had this magnificent fear that if I had a mechanical schedule, a schedule that would plan out my entire day, I would lose my sense of humanity. To some, this may seem absurd and outright weird, but this is a true reality I have to live with everyday; it is the question stopping me from attaining the unknown. Why do I think in this way? What's the point, what's the thinking? What makes me think this way is the ability of having my day be an entirely productive day. That's good, isn't it? Not really, where is your sense of humanity within your work? Where is your love and passion when you are done with what your working with? Where are the lessons you learned through this troubleshooting process (ex.)? I suppose you can say I require some miniature attachments to things to show that I actually give a damn, at least enough to convince my unconsciousness (or just the mental habits that are beyond your control) that what I'm doing isn't pointless.

What got me motivated to think this way was a wild, and fearful expectation of the future. I believed that music, art, and love would get me somewhere in this world. I grew out of that generalized lie and noticed that your work is what sets you free, and not your passion or love. Perhaps your passion becomes the work, and soon you see yourself being famous for writing the best Hollywood movie script in the 20th century, or being famous for drawing and making an animation character that the world fell in love with. For many however, you need to work annually to pay your bills while you develop your passion (which supplies your future investment into it becoming your full-time work. One...step..closer). Time is not our enemy, we are to it. This is such a complex question...

This is a question that has not been answered yet, even after a few years. Back in the day, I thought to myself that this mindset would melt away, much like how time heals many things, but it didn't heal this wound. There is no debating that the human body is truly a robotic machine (it has organic material instead of bolts and wires). But is our minds robotic? I say no, but I believe our actions will be the judge of that (repetitive work = robotic mindset; working but changing the way you do it = human mindset *completely my opinion, tell me what you think*). Are we really Cyclons with a vulnerability to diseases? Please discuss this with me. Help me conquer this beast.
__________________
Cameron may have born Pandora, but living there must be made by your own hands. I have made Pandora with my hands, with color, oil, paint, and pencil.

Like Pandora, it was hard work. Apply it to anything, you'll see the most complex of dreams come to life.
[Away from my Pizza Rolls! nehahhh!!]

My hand-drawn Neytiri
Silronsan Taronyu (Clever Hunter)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Pamtseo Vitra
Fkeu'itan hasn't been here in years.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Aberystwyth, Wales.
Posts: 2,562
Send a message via Skype™ to Fkeu'itan
Default

I personally think the human mind itself is not robotic, rather the tasks that society sets for it are.

You could indeed argue that this in itself shows a robotic nature. After all someone had to set the goals originally, organised tasks set by an organised person for equally organised minds. We further thrive on things such as heirarchy and process which too have no abstract nature to them.

But I believe we do not think in a robotic manner. Rather our thinking and inginuity is quite abstract, but we do act as such.

That was a light answer to a very deep question. This is something I will definitely have to consider. I may repost later after having some thought.
__________________
"When the time comes, just walk away and don't make any fuss."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Interesting. I understand that, after reading that I realise I feel similar. Humans never did evolve to do the same things over and over, we're adapted to adapt, so it's a reasonable feeling. Unfortunately, some repetition of the same things over and over is inevitable in life
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Apollo's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Apollo is suffering from Tali-Syndrome
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI(Dream Shack: Hallejah Mts.
Posts: 937
Send a message via AIM to Apollo Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo
Default

So, would you guys think that it's a good thing to know repetition? Or is it a better idea to phase out that idea of 'repetition' while performing activities that tend to repeat themselves. I only got so much on my mind, it's not everyday that something really interesting pops into my head that I could ration till I'm done with what I'm doing.

*Speaking my mind here, don't hesitate to tell me if your lost. If you are lost, state what you think I said and I'll see if I can answer it in much more simpler terms, perhaps when I'm not dead-beat tired with drowsy eyes with a mind following to boot.*
__________________
Cameron may have born Pandora, but living there must be made by your own hands. I have made Pandora with my hands, with color, oil, paint, and pencil.

Like Pandora, it was hard work. Apply it to anything, you'll see the most complex of dreams come to life.
[Away from my Pizza Rolls! nehahhh!!]

My hand-drawn Neytiri
Silronsan Taronyu (Clever Hunter)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Pamtseo Vitra
Fkeu'itan hasn't been here in years.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Aberystwyth, Wales.
Posts: 2,562
Send a message via Skype™ to Fkeu'itan
Default

Yes I think it could be beneficial to embrace the monotonous, if it will help you get through the day, but there is most certainly a limit.

I would say planning every single day is a poor idea. The world around us is a dynamic system and sometimes you just have to go with the flow of things. For example, say you miss your bus, not through your fault, but through the bus leaving the stop early. This would throw your whole day's plan off and would more than likely lead to stress as you try to make up the time you lost.

In my view it's a whole lot easier to take life as it comes. Maybe that's a bad attitude to have, but it's the way I deal with things.
__________________
"When the time comes, just walk away and don't make any fuss."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
rapunzel77's Avatar
Ikran Makto
rapunzel77 has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 881
Send a message via ICQ to rapunzel77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Ever since I was in high school, I had this magnificent fear that if I had a mechanical schedule, a schedule that would plan out my entire day, I would lose my sense of humanity. To some, this may seem absurd and outright weird, but this is a true reality I have to live with everyday; it is the question stopping me from attaining the unknown.
It's understandable that you would want to plan out your entire day. I'm always wanting to know what steps to take, how to get from point A to point B, etc.

Quote:
Not really, where is your sense of humanity within your work? Where is your love and passion when you are done with what your working with? Where are the lessons you learned through this troubleshooting process (ex.)?
The schedule must be flexible. You can't go by it completely mechanically because life doesn't work out that way. There will be things that come up that you don't plan for.

Quote:
I suppose you can say I require some miniature attachments to things to show that I actually give a damn, at least enough to convince my unconsciousness (or just the mental habits that are beyond your control) that what I'm doing isn't pointless.
Well, I probably wouldn't go with that approach. Having attachments/loves, etc is part of being human. It doesn't "show" anything. Maybe I am misunderstanding your point here?

Quote:
What got me motivated to think this way was a wild, and fearful expectation of the future. I believed that music, art, and love would get me somewhere in this world.
Music, Art, and Love are very important. It is what makes this life bearable . However, none of those are probably going to make money. You can be successful in those things in other ways.

Quote:
I grew out of that generalized lie and noticed that your work is what sets you free, and not your passion or love.
I'd have to disagree with this. Work helps you to survive and nothing more. Very few people end up working at something that they love. It is also a very interesting choice of words. It is Orwellian. Also, I don't know if you know this but that is the phrase that was used on the gates of Aushwitz.

Quote:
Perhaps your passion becomes the work, and soon you see yourself being famous for writing the best Hollywood movie script in the 20th century, or being famous for drawing and making an animation character that the world fell in love with.
That is true for a few people, but not for many which is what you say below .

Quote:
For many however, you need to work annually to pay your bills while you develop your passion (which supplies your future investment into it becoming your full-time work. One...step..closer). Time is not our enemy, we are to it. This is such a complex question...
Exactly, this is very true.

Quote:
This is a question that has not been answered yet, even after a few years. Back in the day, I thought to myself that this mindset would melt away, much like how time heals many things, but it didn't heal this wound.
I'm not sure if I understand you here. Could you elaborate?


Quote:
There is no debating that the human body is truly a robotic machine (it has organic material instead of bolts and wires). But is our minds robotic? I say no, but I believe our actions will be the judge of that (repetitive work = robotic mindset; working but changing the way you do it = human mindset *completely my opinion, tell me what you think*). Are we really Cyclons with a vulnerability to diseases? Please discuss this with me. Help me conquer this beast.[/COLOR]

This is true to a degree. However, humans are more than just to sum of their cells. We have souls/spirits which is even more important. It is there that we make our life decisions for good or bad. I think this is a case of both/and. It is good to make schedules, to have some idea for future goals. However, one should always remain flexible because things will come up that you least expect.

I hope I have helped in some way. Let me know .
__________________
You wont walk alone
I'll be by your side
There will be no empty home
if you will be my bride
the rest of my life will be
Song for Rapunzel and me.


I see you

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.