What I've been trying to say all this time. - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Rainbowhawk1993's Avatar
Taronyu
Rainbowhawk1993 flies on the wings of freedom, hope and liberty
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 405
Default What I've been trying to say all this time.

If you've been here for recently, you might have seen some of the threads I've created Like "Do we have too many prejaduces against humanity?" and I've received some suspious eyes. But I think I made myself more clear in "Why I create these threads": What I was tring to say is that maybe we should be cautious about how we love this movie and how it aeffects our thinking.

My main example: Fallen

Is that something to get worked up about? To kill yourself just because the world didn't change when you came back down to it?

My main concern was that people are taking a form of media too seriuosly that they are blining themselves from common sense and reason. Don't get me wrong, for a while I was thinking "Man, this sucks! I'm here when I could probably be 4.4 light years from here." But when I look back on my life before avatar, I find a couple of things that I can reflect on that made my life worth living. Seeing all these comments on the threads that almost sounded like "F*** Humanity in the favor of the Na'vi" made me be on my toes a bit.

So, I'm not saying that I love humanity and it's industral society or the pride I have with my country that has a history of Hypocrasy. In fact Avatar and other meida helped me in forming myself. I believe in nature and all it's blessings but I also beleive in Human civilization and it's hope for saving itself.

Long story short I beleive in this one word:
__________________
Rainbowhawk1993 flies on the wings of Freedom, Hope and Liberty
"Truth is never given to you. You have to go out and find it."

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Советский меч's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Советский меч R.I.P Hitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 674
Default

I agree. It doesn't really matter. What in this universe does matter? We inhabit this tiny little ball of ****, we live for a fraction of a second as far as the cosmos is concerned and nothing we do or say changes anything. Those of us cursed with intelligence can see we are heading in the wrong direction on pretty much every issue. We aren't important, we don't matter and sitting around hating humanity certainly doesn't help the situation. Just live your life, reproduce, and die like you're supposed to. It may seem a bit depressing but to me it's quite liberating.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Advent's Avatar
Mother Falcon
Advent is feeling bittersweet
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somewhere home
Posts: 2,972
Default

I'd have to say, a good number of people, of whom I won't name, got involved far too much in the world of Avatar. In reality, Cameron was likely hoping that people would take the message, and carry on trying to fix their own world. Earth. Not constantly dreaming about a fictional universe.
A little backfire, so to say. It's sad, but true.

There's a difference between enjoying a movie, and killing yourself (figuratively and literally) after watching it. This is why I've avoided the movie for a significant amount of time. I'm scared for my companions here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Fosus's Avatar
Tsulfätu
Fosus can not has status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,569
Send a message via Skype™ to Fosus
Default

I think the effects of the film surprised Cameron himself, but he definitely got what he wanted
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-25-2011, 11:38 PM
iron_jones's Avatar
Olo'eyktan
iron_jones seldom washes his hair.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosus View Post
I think the effects of the film surprised Cameron himself, but he definitely got what he wanted
Money.
__________________


Misery Forever.

O vos ómnes qui transítis per víam, atténdite et vidéte
Si est dólor símilis sícut dólor méus.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Tsamsiyu
Aquaplant has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent View Post
I'd have to say, a good number of people, of whom I won't name, got involved far too much in the world of Avatar. In reality, Cameron was likely hoping that people would take the message, and carry on trying to fix their own world. Earth. Not constantly dreaming about a fictional universe.
I practice escapism with any material available, and I haven't really been into Avatar since its original release. Sure it's quite fancy and all that, but since we are going with things one can't get anyhow, then I'd rather dream about something better than Avatar. Sure it has a lot of reference material and all that, but for me I can easily think of better places to be in, though it's a good ready made reality for those who are into that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosus View Post
I think the effects of the film surprised Cameron himself, but he definitely got what he wanted
And what was that exactly, besides money and all that jazz?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

I never disliked all humans. I dislike a lot of what humanity does, and I think that saying "you must internally rationalise and like everything humanity does because you were born a human" is a stupid sentiment, but I recognise that some humans do great things, and humanity has the potential to change for the better and be a real positive contribution to the universe, if it got rid of old "because I say so", "because it's always been that way" mentalities and superstition, and focused on contacting and helping others.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Advent's Avatar
Mother Falcon
Advent is feeling bittersweet
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somewhere home
Posts: 2,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human No More View Post
I never disliked all humans. I dislike a lot of what humanity does, and I think that saying "you must internally rationalise and like everything humanity does because you were born a human" is a stupid sentiment, but I recognise that some humans do great things, and humanity has the potential to change for the better and be a real positive contribution to the universe, if it got rid of old "because I say so", "because it's always been that way" mentalities and superstition, and focused on contacting and helping others.
I think the thread was more about some of the negative impacts of Avatar, rather then the positives of Humanity, but I can see your point well. I don't love all Humans, and I likely won't. But there are always far more important things to worry about then the negatives of everything. Indeed, despite some of it's... effects, I still greatly enjoyed Avatar, and more so it's message.

Not all superstitions are detrimental to our existence though. Just saying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Fosus's Avatar
Tsulfätu
Fosus can not has status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,569
Send a message via Skype™ to Fosus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaplant View Post
And what was that exactly, besides money and all that jazz?
If he was a novelist would you have any different picture about him? I think that "besides money and all that jazz", he want's to be a great storyteller.

The original scriptment of Avatar was a masterpiece before the million dollar special effects.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Moco Loco's Avatar
Dandy Lion
Moco Loco is a lion in a low place
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,915
Send a message via Skype™ to Moco Loco
Default

JC made Avatar more real (from a sensory perspective) than any story that's ever been told. Who wouldn't want that?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Tsamsiyu
Aquaplant has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosus View Post
If he was a novelist would you have any different picture about him? I think that "besides money and all that jazz", he want's to be a great storyteller.

The original scriptment of Avatar was a masterpiece before the million dollar special effects.
The script is only a masterpiece in itself for those with really good imagination, because otherwise it doesn't really compare with, say, a detailed book for instance. As in the script isn't a masterpiece, but the way it is told is. Then again maybe I'm just jealous of people whose ability to live inside their mind is better than mine.

Why do I feel so bipolar these days? How is it even possible to be content and extremely angry at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco Loco View Post
JC made Avatar more real (from a sensory perspective) than any story that's ever been told. Who wouldn't want that?
Well because most individuals are boring with such limited imagination, like yours truly, so of course we prefer a vision of a more talented individual. I'm highly visual when I'm not living inside my head, because it's usually empty and needs to be filled with visual or text based content for later consumption.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.