Other Avatars - Page 2 - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » Avatar » Plot and Script Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Moco Loco's Avatar
Dandy Lion
Moco Loco is a lion in a low place
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,911
Send a message via Skype™ to Moco Loco
Default

I came across this thread again and thought it was referring to the end battle sequence, and how there weren't really any other avatars fighting with the na'vi
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Niri Te's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Niri Te Is studying Na'vi REALLY hard
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Salt Flat, Hudspeth County, Texas, USA
Posts: 758
Default

That may have been one of two reasons. First, they weren't critical to the story, and if so, they may be more visible in Avatar two.
Secondly, let's assume that they are Scientists in other fields. They could have been back at base camp on R&R, while writing their papers, before going out to the field again. Look at the logistics of this situation, if they were in frail human bodies, the amount of support, food, protection and so forth that they would need would be staggering, compared to if they were in Avatars that could breathe the Pandoran atmosphere with no ill effects, and were bigger, faster, and stronger.
There is also the fact that that are many clans on Pandora, they may have been spread out several Avatars to each clan.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Hapxtu
Ateyo leSyaksyuk originator of post
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: west Texas 75 miles east of El Paso
Posts: 154
Default

After the school was destroyed, a lot of the avatars would have been mistrusted. That is why it took Jake so long to assimilate among the Na'vi. It seems that some of the unnamedAvatars were overseeing the exit of the ALIENS. I would be surprised if they didn't stay behind. Jake is the only Avatar that didn't have to be in constant link, though, because his Na'vi Spirit is independent of his human form and imbedded in the Avatar form. We can assume that the Avatar links are NOT supported by RDA after the insurrection. Running the LINK takes electric energy, I assume. Indefinite suspense of an Avatar would assume, then that the human form is sustained intravenously etcetera.
A problem that is not addressed to my satisfaction after Jake is linked for 16 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Niri Te's Avatar
Ikran Makto
Niri Te Is studying Na'vi REALLY hard
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Salt Flat, Hudspeth County, Texas, USA
Posts: 758
Default

That is a very astute assessment, ma yawne. (Ateo LeSyaksyuk is my sweetie pie folks, hence the endearment).
There are several ways this could go, depending on which ground rules the RDA complex were placed under,
When you figure the length of time that it took to cover the distance from Earth to the Alpha Centuri system, they are very close to light speed, as far as time to distance is concerned.
This would mean that in a little less than 150 years, we would either develop highly efficient plasma drives, or be able to fold space. This not to say that our scientific advancement curve could not continue to increase it's exponential curve, it took thousands of years for humanity to go from the first time someone tamed a horse, to the automobile, but only sixty six years from a 120 foot long first flight in ground effect, To Niel Armstrong putting a human boot print on the surface of the Moon.
But there is a very strange mix of the interstellar travel, and petroleum fueled rotorcraft. I realize that you would play hell trying to control a magdrive aircraft on a planet infused with superconductors, but it's just an odd mix.
That very mix makes one wonder, how were they powering the complex? Super high efficient Solar Panels, Geothermal? Mini nuclear reactor?
IF, they had one of these power sources, rather than fossil fueled, generators, then the complex could continue to run until something catastrophically failed, for which there were no spare parts.
This brings up another question, Oxygen production, for the compressed air breathers. I doubt that Eywa would find all the humans, who remained behind "worthy" to be totally infused into their Avatars, and what about those that HAD NO AVATARS? The complex didn't produce them, they were grown on the trip out, so that leaves poor "Max", undeniably a good person, and kindred spirit of the Na'vi without an Avatar, making him, and others in his boat, the frailest things on the planet.
Interesting stuff, this is. It will be interesting to see how Avatar 2 ties all the loose ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateyo leSyaksyuk View Post
After the school was destroyed, a lot of the avatars would have been mistrusted. That is why it took Jake so long to assimilate among the Na'vi. It seems that some of the unnamedAvatars were overseeing the exit of the ALIENS. I would be surprised if they didn't stay behind. Jake is the only Avatar that didn't have to be in constant link, though, because his Na'vi Spirit is independent of his human form and imbedded in the Avatar form. We can assume that the Avatar links are NOT supported by RDA after the insurrection. Running the LINK takes electric energy, I assume. Indefinite suspense of an Avatar would assume, then that the human form is sustained intravenously etcetera.
A problem that is not addressed to my satisfaction after Jake is linked for 16 hours.

Last edited by Niri Te; 12-22-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcraftbc65 View Post
This would mean that in a little less than 150 years, we would either develop highly efficient plasma drives, or be able to fold space. This not to say that our scientific advancement curve could not continue to increase it's exponential curve, it took thousands of years for humanity to go from the first time someone tamed a horse, to the automobile, but only sixty six years from a 120 foot long first flight in ground effect, To Niel Armstrong putting a human boot print on the surface of the Moon.
Very true, but a plasma drive would still be limited to sublight. Unless it used some physics-defying unlimited energy source, it would also not actually outperform an antimatter engine; since you can't get more efficient in direct energy production than e=mc^2 . Even if a higher performance sublight engine was available, it would still face the problem of killing all its crew and passengers by accelerating/decelerating much faster than the 6 months to 0.75c, which is 14.3m/s^2. There is nothing to prevent the antimatter drive from having a higher top speed than 0.75c except for the fact that going faster would be uneconomical as it needs to find a balance between speed and cost-effectiveness. Of course, such things make very little actual difference to the situation.

Quote:
But there is a very strange mix of the interstellar travel, and petroleum fueled rotorcraft. I realize that you would play hell trying to control a magdrive aircraft on a planet infused with superconductors, but it's just an odd mix.
The older Scorpion design (late 21st century) is more resistant to EM interference, and considered reasonable for what the RDA were supposed to be doing on Pandora, although they got around that by just building a lot.

Quote:
That very mix makes one wonder, how were they powering the complex? Super high efficient Solar Panels, Geothermal? Mini nuclear reactor?
According to the background, fusion, although it might seem reasonable for remote installations to have their own solar as well as a backup.

Quote:
This brings up another question, Oxygen production, for the compressed air breathers. I doubt that Eywa would find all the humans, who remained behind "worthy" to be totally infused into their Avatars, and what about those that HAD NO AVATARS? The complex didn't produce them, they were grown on the trip out, so that leaves poor "Max", undeniably a good person, and kindred spirit of the Na'vi without an Avatar, making him, and others in his boat, the frailest things on the planet.
Interesting stuff, this is. It will be interesting to see how Avatar 2 ties all the loose ends.
There's no need to produce oxygen, Pandora's atmosphere is ~21% oxygen. The exopacks are a filter to remove H2S and a CO2 scrubber - the tiny pack would hardly hold any compressed air and there are no large cylinders on it anyway.

The ones without avatars will have enough resources left behind to survive on, they will just have to perform normal maintenance themselves as well - although consideringthe size and population of Hell's Gate as well as how Trudy was delivering food to Jake, Grace and Norm, it might be the case that everyone had to do some additional tasks to their job anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateyo leSyaksyuk View Post
Jake is the only Avatar that didn't have to be in constant link, though, because his Na'vi Spirit is independent of his human form and imbedded in the Avatar form.
He hasn't transferred at that point - he was using the link room in the biolab.
Presumably, he and Norm fixed the window on the mobile link in order to get to Hell's Gate with the Na'vi, then after it was taken, he could travel there himself and use the link room in the lab while supervising the human departure. After that, then Jake and his avatar went for the mind transfer.

Quote:
We can assume that the Avatar links are NOT supported by RDA after the insurrection. Running the LINK takes electric energy, I assume. Indefinite suspense of an Avatar would assume, then that the human form is sustained intravenously etcetera.
A problem that is not addressed to my satisfaction after Jake is linked for 16 hours.
The mobile link has a generator, Grace powers it up when they first go there - presumably it has some kind of battery backup as well.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 AM
FoxRunning's Avatar
Sky Person
FoxRunning wishes for an Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Default

what i keep wondering is how many stayed on Pandora, after the RDA people were sent off? and that would also mean how many techs/support people stayed, because the Avatars and the human driver (that sounds so dumb,btw, like theres a steering wheel somewhere? ). or would the Na'vi watch them, see how loyal they were to them, and perhaps do the same transfer Jake had?

theres a lot of things i wonder about what happens to the Hellsgate facility and humans who stay after the RDA idiots were sent offplanet.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,748
Default

Well, we see several avatars, as well as Max - it's likely that most/all of the avatar drivers stayed, and presumably some more of the science staff too, but perhaps not more than 20-30 people just based on numbers seen around the labs.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Zrina Ni'awve's Avatar
Sngiyu
Zrina Ni'awve 's father is making fun from na'vi...Skxawng!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Czech republic and Ni'awve kelutral
Posts: 57
Default

Some Avatars have be seen in cuted scenes when they attacked to hell's gate's tower. I think they stayed on Pandora. But what's next? Have they live in bases or they have to go to same transfer like Jake (I don't think it, because Jake's Toruk Makto and olo'eyktan so..)?
__________________
Ngaytxoa, sl oe ke plltxe ntxan n'nglst s nNa'vi.

Kyevame ulte Eywa ngahu!


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Mi'niri's Avatar
Eylan
Mi'niri mi tirean lu Na'via hapxi
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kelutral
Posts: 118
Default

Check the extended edition of avatar. While the na'vi are attacking elsewhere, the rest of the avatars help Jake take over the base. Once the battle is won, they are welcomed in friendship by the na'vi because they are seen helping them escort the rest of the humans to the ship. My guess is that after the movie, they are given the choice of joining the clan permanently, or remain avatars. I suppose some would choose to permanently reside in their avatar body as a na'vi, and that some will choose to still live on the base, while leaving their dream walker body with the clan so that they can interact with them constantly and do research.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:29 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.