Odd little error message - Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum
Go Back   Tree of Souls - An Avatar Community Forum » General Forums » Science and Technology

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Advent's Avatar
Mother Falcon
Advent is feeling bittersweet
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somewhere home
Posts: 2,972
Question Odd little error message

I was going to look up something on youtube, and I received this rather unusual error message when it loaded:
Quote:
500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.
If you see them, show them this information:

MKAk1ULXVLmuPU5pZ6gFEQ2WltMRVWRCWxh9hPkGnExAQyNHPl yBo5e8-OI4
mGqHSbez6NyFWHinTuT_zxd381ULA1L_bI14xsIOQyb6qF3TLu 9fHP_--yKZ
6q-CcG8jB93nA7zHVfU0f65-05EcpY6Fuv9iPZ2x7R2RzwxKPqVm4tneSjWp
f16w0BOmblnhNti7AsCjq_54sP8zYtV63w0o65kfxt1sSz1gqY rs5mhrokIt
fFKKLTFHZIiR0WzNY6_yW6LSnbinW_oh_eBI7kk8TteK5AuuZG 6X_jfqL2B3
JzEGh6p5s5Dh6o3jFfq3M6xc4AA1g00l6jmGlGtRDQvzaeTOcV TT3fpZELIU
y8Z40r6dtDb-YreTpnBmi8rcBQflU5VD1dXVvH-CXsQZXr7_C900yzTF70b1
_u1QznqDuQK9BEpV-Dme76RJuLfmzTIcsFr8xSB6AuMRq0t6AXhVV0gsCWxn
ODVisAqw5BHWybMWsFtuEA2yVVWmDjjtmpbpsJuwxtjfth6dPL 9PO1yQyOtG
Yx1Qk-XzeCHeocVbmIFjsjfJEMxTOOdEXiawaIp57dq2rUuJ3ZK_2ZvP b6hS
x2re8kx1Dv1fCWLAw_9p85MAkJaeWDYllmDR8jJBhKJb-hjn4I7H0paFHE0s
p4Af1tnEJI75fFOMHTXQ72KDkNB0PHGH5Nz4PIWyAlMnpwh0BA loBS58-kR_
nH1xrpquJeEcCveTCYuMPeT0A0MAYqv-vASURAkFImBYf6drlLfJCXHR9ebN
tAeVEVmhEhnVSAV6vl59yEVsenx257UHMkp2mAQFt5fGkil96L hkNRv6L-P7
-njmAkkTLK7OOusA6_n2pTxGsgABlqRsAXxvq8kbC2F5O6VdHvn N3u3Oia1O
0BEqn4D50jRRMD6S0SKNf9G3QJ67-r_pJifSiRO7dBfDNnaRDXiwJ7Ve9aZv
FBHcnyVRqhoo7dUt5EUH9us0sB0_nmNJdRzledQe6cTa2dQOwc LWJ58zWNI2
_TqnyIort8Sa-OGez1lX71Jc3AdhI9kHq_4MNa7xJXhhclVn1U3jemFZdZ8y
oNMjP-lXtkr4xF528-jAG8qhNSzGFrTetPKJ1WQhZ13JsMtT6INWgf1vNuIG
chLsEFxxVd0weNSgE3FMNjUcFdYv_5407CMqfTC_dTC3PZBr_j nCbs3DbYcY
BrFgJLI4c2hxl1RtjlGYK6yssXpkZ4Siz_XfI_YnyiJovLqjx5 nnXAZTdiR4
pCjD1J3042J8ncge5lhdx23S9Njk__MIhxZH2GMDp8DB9vY96_ J-ZxMG4zBr
dRzwVbDo7qpmN1WDWOtfMdYWdt2r7exvKZCPNo0Laa_7LfHck_ adSgzE6ls-
O2Gafo1WA1N2x0aRODzO3FpmqqoL95G7LjFpNCa8jusyuTdzc6 vwDegYPjO5
3xM-aHEfFurjVp9a-WHNS7f6ZzXdyhHDmclKdYvuq-EMCwj2QdhsGvksWcEU
XKFu48W_M2djae7fpM6tnTRfNYNI1918gEJG56UXwZfAgaJ2Pp m-X8JoEZWF
CHujVkIGMT2J17_VN-51ni0WdLS2TySqSS0SW77D
Not the average error message you'd get from a website.
Any thoughts?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Aaron's Avatar
Tsamsiyu
Aaron has no status.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 509
Default

Yeah, I've seen these errors from YouTube before. Rather than simply show the error details like many sites do, YouTube encodes them as a big blob of junk. Hackers can often gain insight into how a site works by studying failure details, so encoding them like this is probably self-defense.
__________________

My Avatar fanfic | My 3D Avatar album | A bit about my profile picture.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Human No More's Avatar
Toruk Makto, Admin
Human No More has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a datacentre
Posts: 11,751
Default

Google use a custom server architecture which is not publicly available, it would make sense not to reveal details - while 99% of the time, an unencoded message would still be seen by someone who has no idea of the significance, the other 1% of the time would be giving out information about their systems' design.

On the other hand, the 'if you see them...' suggests to me that it might just be a total red herring, and any actual reporting is one internally and autonomously.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
error, youtube

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Visit our partner sites:

      pandoraworld.ru



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Based on the Planet Earth theme by Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
All images and clips of Avatar are the exclusive property of 20th Century Fox.